Warnaco Makes Waves with Ocean Pacific
- Warnaco Gives OP Room to Grow. Tschorn, Adam; Young, Vicki M.; Karr, Arnold J. // DNR: Daily News Record;8/9/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p3
Focuses on the acquisition of Ocean Pacific Apparel Corp. (OP) by Warnaco Group Inc. in Los Angeles, California in 2004. Benefit of the acquisition to OP; Retention of Dick Baker as president of OP; Statement of Baker on the long-term strategic plan of Warnaco for OP; Views of analyst Lee...
- Warnaco Buys Op, Reports Profit. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/5/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 26, p12
Reports on the increased profits posted by clothing company The Warnaco Group Inc. for period ended July 3, 2004. Purchase of Ocean Pacific Apparel Corp. (Op); Groups that produced solid revenue gains for the company; Decline in revenue in Warnaco's intimate apparel group.
- JOE GROMEK. Bailey, Lee // DNR: Daily News Record;2/14/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p92
Interviews Joe Gromek, CEO of Warnaco, about the acquisition strategy of the company. Reason behind the acquisition of Ocean Pacific Apparel Corp. (OP) by the company; Status of OP, placed under the swimwear division of Warnaco, as of February 2005; Approach adopted by the company in...
- Warnaco Said to Be Buying Op. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/4/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 24, p2
Reports on the announcement of Warnaco Group Inc. to purchase Ocean Pacific Apparel Corp. or Op on August 4, 2004. Focus of the discussions between Warnaco and Op; Main responsibility of Op; Advantage of the acquisition for Warnaco.
- Warnaco Testing Waters of OP. Young, Vicki M.; Medina, Marcy // DNR: Daily News Record;7/5/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the plan of Warnaco Group Inc. to acquire Ocean Pacific and swimwear firm Apparel Ventures in 2004. Reasons behind the move.
- Warnaco Looks West: Aims to Turn Op Into $1B Brand. Jones, Rose Apodaca; Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/11/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 30, p6
Deals with the significance of the acquisition of Ocean Pacific Apparel Co. (OpAC) by Warnaco. Responsibilities of OpAC President Richard Baker as part of Warnaco's senior management team; Value of the transaction between Warnaco and OpAC; Sub-brands of OpAC; Wholesale revenues of OpAC in 2003...
- Surf's Up: Culture Draws Mainstream Apparel. Bellantonio, Jennifer // Orange County Business Journal;8/16/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p1
Reports on mergers involving sportswear manufacturers in Orange County, California, as of August 16, 2004. Offer made by New York-based Warnaco Group Inc. for Irvine-based Ocean Pacific Apparel Corp.; Greensboro, North Carolina-based VF Corp.'s purchase of Santa Fe Springs-based skate shoe...
- Iconix Is on the Hunt To Acquire More Brands As Net Rises 54 Percent. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/2/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 93, p1
This article reveals the plans of Iconix Brand Group to continue its acquisition efforts. It also plans additional licensing deals for the nine brands under the Iconix umbrella. But its appetite for more remains and the firm will need to boost its portfolio to help propel earnings per share...
- Fashion Steps Forward at ASR. Medina, Marcy; Sarkisian-Miller, Nola // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/20/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 13, p11
Presents the highlights of the ASR clothing trade show at the San Diego Convention Center in California in January 2005. Information on the women's clothing collection offered by Oakley, Matix and Cult Industries; Consolidation trend in the vendor and retailer front; Absence of Ocean Pacific...