The Outdoor Business Keeps Evolving
- NEW PRODUCT SHOWCASE. // NBS Nation's Best Sports Fish & Hunt;Fall2005, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p78
Presents several products for hunting and fishing. Floating Limb Line from Bella Secrets; Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse; Shotguns by Rizzini; Moisture Transport System from Under Armour.
- GETAWAY GUIDE. Wolf, Mary Logan // Oklahoma Today;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p57
This article presents information on fishing equipment shops in Oklahoma. Oklahoma City's fly-fishing set once had to wade through catalogs for the all-important gear to replenish the angler soul. Another option is River's Edge, with top-of-the-line fly-fishing rods, Ross and Abel reels, and...
- Happy Trails. Raymond, Joan // American Demographics;Aug2000, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on the impact of the growing popularity of outdoor activities in the United States on the sporting goods industry. Percentage of consumers that participate in some sort of recreational activity at least once a month; Success of Polaris Industries Inc. in marketing outdoor products;...
- Gander Mountain Plays to Win. Sullivan, Mark // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p30
Features Gander Mountain, a hunting and outdoor equipment and supplies retailer in the U.S. Number of stores of the company across the country by the end of 2004; Expected fiscal 2004 sales; Description of new Gander stores; Merchandise offered by Gander; Challenges faced by the retailer...
- What's New. // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov2008, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p154
The article evaluates several hunting and outdoor products including the Hot Shot Hyper XT freestanding target from Hip Targets, the X-Force Dream Season HF hunting bow from PSE, the Mark and Terry Drury and Mountaineer Scent-Stop Jacket and Pants from Russell Outdoors.
- Trade news. // Bowhunter;Aug/Sep96, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p92
Reports on developments related to hunting equipment industry as of August 1996. Includes Anderson Archery's new owners; Sales representatives' purchase of Sherwood Schoch Representatives Inc.; Intercoastal Technologies' expansion of its production facility.
- DATAMONITOR: Cabela's Incorporated. // Cabela's Incorporated SWOT Analysis;Jul2010, p1
A company profile of Cabela's Inc., which is a direct marketer and specialty retailer of outdoor sporting merchandise, hunting, fishing, camping and related outdoor sporting merchandise, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number...
- The sportsman's shopper. // Field & Stream;Oct95, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p86
Features hunting and fishing equipment advertisements from the late 1800s and early 1990s. Description.
- Hunting sales still on target despite waning interest. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;10/5/98, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p37
Focuses on the retail market for hunting equipment and supplies in the United States. Outlook for fall 1998; Efforts of retailers to maintain growth; Challenges facing retailers in maximizing their existing business; Areas of growth in the industry; Advertising of hunting equipment.