Peeking through a Cloudy Horizon
- Cool runnings. Browne, Maya // Heart & Soul;Dec97, Issue 24, p38
Introduces several sportswear applicable in any weather condition. Cost of the products.
- Efforts Focus on Olympics, Worm Cup, NBA. Cassidy, Hilary // Brandweek;1/7/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the marketing efforts for the athletic footwear and sports retail industries in the United States as of January 7, 2002. Increase in athletic footwear sales through August 2001; Plan of Adidas to increase its marketing spending; Features of the marketing program of New Balance.
- READY TO REBOUND. Lloyd, Brenda // DNR: Daily News Record;11/22/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p14
Presents information on apparel sales from sporting goods retailers and manufacturers in 2004. Results of a study conducted by SGMA International on consumer spending for sports apparel in 2003; Trends that motivate apparel sales; Increase in retail apparel sales in the U.S. and Canada.
- TAKING STOCK: THE BOTTOM LINE ON THE SHOE BIZ. Urbanowicz, Nicole; Derby, Meredith // FN: Footwear News;3/17/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p25
This section offers news briefs on the U.S. footwear industry. Goldman Sachs said in a report that it expects consumer spending to make a comeback in the second half of 2009. In an effort to retain fresh capital, sporting goods chain City Sports sold an 80 percent stake to investment firm...
- Sidelines. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/20/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 36, p10
Presents news on the sport clothes and sporting goods industry in the United States. Plans of specialty store chain Blades to open a store in Staten Island Mall; Features of the Action Sports Retailer Show; Inclusion of Magic Wear's president Richard Coleman in the motion picture `There's...
- Bodywear tones up. Lee, Georgia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/25/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 17, WWDSport p18
Reports on the participation of several bodywear manufacturers in the 1996 Super Show in Atlanta, Georgia. Introduction of performance-oriented products which integrate function and fashion; Display of various advanced fabrics; Description of products from several participating bodywear...
- ASR: Summer 2001 Will Be Hot. Bowers, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/25/2000, Vol. 183 Issue 58, p24
Highlights the 2000 Action Sports Retailer Trade Expo in San Diego, California. Range of retail prices of sportswear featured in the exhibition; Description of different sports clothing displayed during the event; Current fashion trends within the sportswear segment of the clothing industry.
- New goal: Sell, sell, sell. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on marketing trends affecting the business of sports clothing merchandisers in the United States in 1999. Partnerships with sports events to market related merchandise; Openings of new stores.
- Prism of Trends at ASR. Ellis, Kristi; Bowers, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/21/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 56, p16
Highlights the September 2000 Action Sports Retailer Trade Expo held in San Diego, California. Attendance by specialty retailers; Attendance figures; Trends in sports clothes for spring 2001; Popularity of flood pants among younger consumers; Designs of some popular tops.