Thermo King Introduces Pocket Wintracâ„¢ Software
- Vista Deployment Postmortem. Dragone, Michael // Windows IT Pro;Jul2008, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p21
The article relates the experience of a business organization in deploying a Windows Vista computer operating system. Under the deployment, the firm replaced all personal computers and invested in an extended warranty with onsite service. The organization has also decided to lease brand-new...
- Thermo King Introduces Pocket Wintracâ„¢ Software. // Fleet Equipment;Aug2004, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p10
Introduces Pocket Wintrac software for Windows Pocket PC devices running Windows Pocket operating systems, developed by Thermo King Corp. Features of the software; Benefits brought about the software for service technicians and cargo managers; Pros and cons.
- Reefer manager. // Fleet Owner;Sep2004, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p120
Reports that Thermo King has introduced Pocket Wintrac, an extension of its Wintrac PC application, which supports data downloads from dataloggers and controllers on Thermo King refrigeration units. Benefits for fleets; Functions for the new Windows Pocket PC applications.
- Pocket Wintrac software from Thermo King. // Refrigerated Transporter;Aug2004, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p42
Reports that Thermo King Corp. has introduced the Pocket Wintrac. Software for Pocket PC devices running Windows Pocket PC operating systems; Uses for the Thermo King truck, trailer, container and rail microprocessor controllers; Simplification of data downloading and maintenance reports.
- Mac OS X Hints. Griffiths, Rob // Macworld;Apr2005, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p104
This article presents tips in using the Mac OS X operating system. When you come across a Windows self-extracting zip file--an archive that may contain Macintosh-compatible files wrapped in a seemingly unusable Windows executable file--you need not fret. If you receive one that you are...
- Mac 911. Breen, Christopher; Dorado, Gabriel // Macworld;Dec2006, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p106
The article presents questions and answers related to Macintosh computers. One person asks how he would listen his favorite sports radio station on his Mac computer. Another person asks how to edit user additions to Operating System X's built-in spelling-checker dictionary. Yet another person...
- The Operating System. // Network Dictionary;2007, p486
An encyclopedia entry for "The Operating System (TOS)" is presented. It was the operating system of the Atari range of computers, which included the 520ST, 1040ST and the F, FM and E variations. Later, 32-bit machines were developed using a new version of the operating system, called MultiTOS,...
- Developers group pushing open-source OS to desktop. Bowman, Lisa // PC Week;08/23/99, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p45
Takes a look at increasing support for the Linux open-source computer operating system. Comments from Linus Torvalds; The attempts of developers to make Linux easier to use for the average users of desktop personal computers; The role of the Free Software Foundation on Linux projects;...
- A Lovelier Linux Boosts Its Hardware Support. Spanbauer, Scott // PC World;May2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p56
Evaluates the newest version of the Linux operating system core, kernel 2.4. Changes in the system that make it more compatable with other operating systems; Other improvements, including the GNOME and KDE interfaces.