News @ a glance
- TM2 launches Direct Booking Software. // Podiatry Now;Jun2013, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p37
The article announces the launch of TM2 Direct Booking, a system developed by practice management software company TM2 to aid referral companies when working with the rehabilitation sectors.
- System needed to deal with DNAs. // GP: General Practitioner;12/10/2010, p11
The article reports that the Medical Defence Union (MDU) has urged for a clear and consistent system in place for dealing with patients who miss appointments. MDU medico-legal advisor Dr Jacqui Phillips said that sometimes, general practioners might even be responsible for following up patients...
- Strategies to Improve Appointment Keeping. Beirne, Michael; Shepard, Dennis // Review of Ophthalmology;Mar2002, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the strategies for improving scheduled appointment on ophthalmology practice in Dalton, Georgia. Inclusion of a confirmation letter on a complete registration packet; Use of software packages designed for appointment process; Relevance of education on the part of the practice.
- IMPLEMENTING Open-Access Scheduling IN AN ACADEMIC PRACTICE. Steinbauer, Jeffrey R.; Korell, Karl; Erdin, Jennifer; Spann, Stephen J. // Family Practice Management;Mar2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p59
The article describes the open-access scheduling implemented at Baylor Family Medicine, an academic practice affiliated with the Department of Family and Community Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. The Department joined the Idealized Design of Clinical Office Practice...
- American Geriatrics Society Names New Officers for 2004-2005. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;5/28/2004, p67
The article presents information on appointment of medical officers by the American Geriatrics Society. The American Geriatrics Society, at its Annual Scientific Meeting here, has elected Meghan Gerety, MD as its president. Dr. Meghan Gerety is associate chief of staff at South Texas Veterans...
- THE STICKY FACTOR. LEWIS JR., MORGAN // Medical Economics;6/25/2012, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p36
The article presents information related to the use of Quick Response (QR) codes to engage patients and help in running practice more efficiently. It discusses how Front Royal, Virginia-based Skyline Family Practice uses QR codes in its practice. It is stated that nonclinical and clinical staff...
- Outsourcing. Rose, James L.; Aung, Barbara J. // Podiatry Management;Aug2008, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p14
The article suggests alternatives to outsourcing podiatry staff for appointment scheduling. An appointment scheduling program should allow patients to schedule their own appointment online. It recommends the use Eppointments scheduling software that confirms appointments instead of requests....
- EXACT and OASiS go to the next level. // Australasian Dental Practice;May/Jun2013, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p40
The article offers brief information on the OASiS and EXACT practice management software from Software of Excellence International Ltd.
- Automate Your Office. Krebs, Janet M. // ASHA Leader;1/1/2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p29
The article provides information related to resources for practice-management software choices to automate office and facilitate streamlining planning, scheduling, billing, and reporting operations.