FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Munis Rise as Treasuries Lose Traction; Calif. IEDB Prices $1.1 Billion Offering. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/06/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31693, p2
Reports on an increase in municipal bond yields and offering of California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank's revenue bonds. Reason for the increase in municipal bond yields; Impact of this increase on the economy of the U.S.; Increase in the level of long term yields.
- FAR WEST Bond Watch. Resnick, Amy B.; Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;06/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p34
Presents news developments about municipal bonds in the Far West as of June 2, 2000. Voting in the state assembly in favor of a bill allowing school districts to qualify for state bond funds; Sale by the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank of bonds to assist the Fairmont...
- California I-Bank Pricing To Re-Position Revolving Fund. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;1/23/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34048, p1
The article informs that the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank are planning to launch bonds worth 97 million U.S. dollars in a combined refunding/new money deal, as of January 2014. It mentions that the raised fund will be used to finance or refinance loans to eligible...
- Report: For Second Year, Colleges Lag in Disclosing Faculty Pay. Lane, Kristina // Community College Week;4/28/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p9
Reports on the low response rates of community colleges on a survey on faculty salaries conducted by the American Association of University in 2003. Possible explanation for the low participation of community colleges in the survey; Comparison of the average salary of faculty members at...
- Judge Issues Fines for Defaulted Golf Course. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31977, p5
Reports on the penalty imposed to real estate developer Pacific Golf Community Development LLC and company manager Manoucher Sarbaz for alleged securities fraud by U.S. District Judge Cormac Carney in California. Amount of the penalty; Details of the case.
- NEWS briefs. // Community College Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p2
Presents news briefs concerning community colleges in the United States as of February 2001. Protest campaigns for higher pay involving the University of Hawaii faculty; Results of an autopsy on Clatsop Community College student Aaron Lund.
- Iowa College Instructors Press Legislature for Pay Raise. // Community College Week;5/7/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p21
The article reports on the plan of Iowa community college teachers to increase their salaries, saying they are being excluded from the debate over teacher pay in the state. Community college teacher and Representative Jeff Kaufmann and several teachers argued that lawmakers are on their way to...
- Wilson seeks $50 million for development bank. Acello, Richard // San Diego Business Journal;01/19/98, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
Looks at Governor in San Diego, California, Pete Wilson, seeking $50 million to fund the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank, for the 1998-99 state budget. Details on Nicholas-Applegate's International Core Growth Fund; Indepth look at the fund for the development bank.
- Faculty-salary Survey Says Two-year Colleges Still Lag in Reporting. Banerji, Shilpa // Community College Week;5/10/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the lagging participation rates of community-colleges in the U.S. in an annual faculty-salary survey. Information on the salary of faculty grouped in two different ways; Reason of colleges for low participation rates; Details of the average salary for faculty at community-colleges...