Maine in Market With $43.6M, Turnpike Authority to Borrow in Two Weeks
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; McKaig, Ryan; Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;04/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31109, p41
Presents news items related to the bond market and public finance in the Northeastern States as of April 2, 2001. Legislator Glenys P. Lovett's criticism of Maine Turnpike Authority officials for launching a public relations offensive against her plan to form a committee to study abolishing the...
- Maine Governor OKs $100M Boost for Turnpike Authority. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;5/9/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32625, p36
The article reports on the approval of a legislation by Maine Governor John Baldacci, that increases Maine Turnpike Authority's debt cap to $461 million from $361 million. The extra capacity allows the authority to continue funding its capital plan. According to spokesman David Farmer, Baldacci...
- Maine Turnpike Agency Has Its Eye on Toll Increases. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;6/12/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33729, p5
The article presents information on the toll increases being proposed by the Maine Turnpike Authority, that is said to raise 26.5 million dollars to meet its financial requirements.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32918, p30
Presents a chart depicting the performance of bonds of various states in the bond market in the U.S.
- Munis finish sideways but stable, awaiting supply, economic data. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30837, p2
Reports on the bond market developments in the United States on February 25, 2000. Volatility of government market prices; Investors' response to California's general obligation bonds; Market outlook for the week starting February 28.
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32197, p27
Presents a chart depicting the performance of bonds of several states in the bond market in the U.S.
- Washington Readies Nearly $500 Million of Mostly Tax-Exempt GO Debt. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;8/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32196, p44
Reports on the plan of Washington state to issue general obligation bonds to the bond market. Use of the proceeds to finance higher education capital costs; Affirmation of agencies of the ratings assigned to the bonds; Detection of the economic recovery of the state which contributes to a higher...
- Maine Legislators Aim to Abolish Turnpike Authority. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;03/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31103, p5
Reports the threat of Maine legislators to abolish the Maine Turnpike Authority. Doubts of authority officials on the proposals' chances for success; Proposed legislation which would create a commission to study the abolition of the turnpike authority; Provision in the proposed bill which would...
- Maine Turnpike agency will nearly double its debt to expand road. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/03/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30696, p3
Reports that the Maine Turnpike Authority will borrow $150 million to help fund a five-year project to expand Maine's largest road to keep pace with growth. Authority's outstanding debt load; Issue of bonds from revenues boosted by raised toll fees; Renewal of turnpike's ratings from three...