California DOT Lets Sole Bid for Bridge Project Expire
- California's temporary freeway bridge. Bobb, Nancy McMullin // Public Roads;Autumn95, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p2
Describes the use of an innovative temporary bridge to reopen a flooded highway. California Department of Transportation (Caltrans); W.H. Wattenberg as designer of bridge constructed from surplus railroad cars; Cost-benefit analysis of using the bridge; Modular bridge technology; Room for...
- Caltrans pits plastic against steel on open bridge decks. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;8/19/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p17
Reports on Caltrans' replacement of open-integrated-steel units on one-fourth of the Schuyler Heim Bridge in Long Beach, California. Experiment using fiber-reinforced plastic decks; Estimated cost of project; Design features.
- Untitled. // International Construction;Sep2012, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p7
The article offers information on the new Gerald Desmond Bridge to be built by the consortium of Schimmick Construction, FCC, and Impregilo, which was selected by the California Department of Transportation.
- DEEPEST-EVER BRIDGE PILES WILL BOOST RECORD-SIZED CONTRACT. Rosenbaum, David B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/20/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 20, p14
Focuses on the causeway construction contract for the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge of Caltrans in California. Tentative schedule for the advertising of the causeway contract; Release of the final environmental-impact statement; Criticism on the causeway design plans; Costs estimates of the...
- California highway engineers learn from Kobe. Rosenbaum, David B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/30/95, Vol. 234 Issue 4, p13
Focuses on valuable lessons California Department of Transportation engineers can learn about the performance of bridge foundations on soft soils in light of the January 17, 1995 earthquake which hit Kobe, Japan. Similarities in United States and Japan bridge design; Design of bridge components...
- CALIFORNIA 2/6. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/29/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 4, p61
The article reports on California's Department of Transportation's bridge replacement project from west of Soda Springs overcrossing to the Donner Summit Safety Rest area in Truckee, California. The estimated $66-million project includes replacement of bridges and rehabilitation of PCC roadway...
- Teams Ready Bids for Scotland Bridge Job. Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/31/2011, p1
The article reports that bids for the estimated 2-billion U.S. dollar cable-stayed bridge over the Firth of Forth waterway in Scotland are expected to be submitted to Transport Scotland by the end of January 2011.
- Kentucky-Indiana Agency Seeking Help for Bridge Project Cost Cuts. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;9/20/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33585, p7
The article reports on the request of the Louisville and Southern Indiana Bridges Authority for less expenditure on Ohio River Bridges Project between southern Indiana and northern Kentucky.
- Going for gold. Nevulis, Mary Beth // Roads & Bridges;Nov2011, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p28
The article focuses on the construction of the Doyle Drive High Viaduct concrete bridge designed to connect the Golden Gate Bridge and the city of San Francisco, California. Resident engineer of the Department of Transportation Jyotsna Sharma explains the design and structure of the new bridge...