Dreyfus to Merge Closed-End Calif., N.Y. Funds into Open-Enders
- UBS Staying Short, Using Futures Contracts After Leverage Boost. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p7
Reports that UBS Global Asset Management Inc. has maintained a short duration on its closed-end municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. Futures contracts used as protection against rising interest rates; UBS' leveraging of the funds.
- Closed-End Funds Avoid Customary Year-End Sell-Off. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;1/7/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33246, p1
The article reports on the performance of municipal closed-end funds in December 2009. According to a First Trust Advisors index tracking the sector, a 1.1 percent was provided in the municipal closed-end funds in December bringing a total return for the year to 33.9 percent. Alex Reiss, a...
- For Closed-Ends, Herzfeld Will Sell All But One. Seymour, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/5/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 22, p13
The article discusses the impact of closed-end municipal bond funds in the U.S. It states that a closed-end fund is a pool of assets whose ownership is broken into shares that trade on a stock exchange. Thomas J. Herzfeld of Thomas J. Herzfeld Advisors Inc. states that with the stretched in the...
- Liquidity cost to drive closed-end funds. Egan, Liam // Money Management;6/5/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p8
The article projects the increase in close-end funds due to liquidity in Australia's securities industry. It is predicted that liquidity cost will increase in closed-end funds and the incorporation of new protection features. James Wright perceives a greater focus on the pricing features of the...
- Muni CEFs Manage to Avoid Volatility of Their Brethren. Seymour, Dan // American Banker;7/15/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 108, p11
The article discusses the relatively steady performance of closed-end municipal bond funds during 2010. Unlike closed-end funds related to stocks, bank loans, and other securities, the municipal funds have shown comparatively little volatility and recorded steady monthly gains. The largest...
- Dreyfus Plans to Cut Two Florida Muni Mutual Funds, Merge Two Others. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/22/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32697, p27
The article reports on the plan of Dreyfus Corp. to cut two Florida-specific municipal bond mutual funds. The plan, which includes the Florida Premier State Municipal Bond Fund, has been depicted following the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The reasons...
- LIQUIDITY, SENTIMENT AND SEGMENTATION: A SURVEY OF CLOSED-END FUND LITERATURE. FLETCHER, Mary // Accounting & Management Information Systems / Contabilitate si I;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p510
Closed-end funds have been a topic of lively debate for several decades. In this paper I focus on studies relating to liquidity, sentiment and segmentation and, in particular, on studies that investigate closedend country funds. I extend the previous survey by Dimson & Minio- Kozerski (1999) by...
- Bail out if your closed-end fund converts to open-end. Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;12/14/98, Vol. 75 Issue 24, p24
Encourages investors to bail out on closed-end mutual funds in the United States which have converted to open-end status. Tax implication of the conversion; Comparison between the net asset value of both types of funds; Portfolio restructuring required after the conversion.
- Closed-end funds: A bargain-hunter's playground. // Medical Economics;8/7/95, Vol. 72 Issue 15, p210
Presents a table of bargain-priced closed-end mutual funds. Advantages of closed-ends over regular open-end funds; Relation of demand and share price of closed-end funds.