Average Yields Rise Nine Basis Points
- Cash Shelter From the Storm. Levenson, Eugenia // Fortune;10/27/2008, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p33
The article reports on the financial crises in the U.S. In 2008 there have been a total of 13 bank failures with Washington Mutual being the largest. On September 18, 2008 primary fund, an old money market fund, had its net value fall under $1 a share. This caused investors to withdraw an...
- Tax-Frees Start New Year by Topping $500B With $8.23 Billion of Inflows. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33038, p7
The article reports on the tax-free money market funds which will start in 2009 with inflows of $8.23 billion in the U.S. It indicates that the inflows would be the highest single-week gain compared to the fourth-quarter outflows in 2008 due to the national economic crisis. Moreover, it presents...
- Surviving the Storm: What's Safe, What's Not. Quinn, Jane Bryant; Ehrenfeld, Temma // Newsweek;9/29/2008, Vol. 152 Issue 13, p61
The article discusses safe places for people to keep or invest their money in the midst of the 2008 U.S. financial crisis including bank accounts insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), money-market mutual funds, and the insurance policies and annuities from America...
- MORTGAGE-BACKEDS. // Asset Securitization Report;9/20/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 36, p33
Presents charts and a graph depicting mortgage data and market indicators in the U.S. as of September 20, 2004.
- ASSET-BACKEDS. // Asset Securitization Report;9/20/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 36, p26
Presents charts and graphs depicting assets and market indicators in the U.S. as of September 20, 2004.
- Funds See Slight Recovery. ALBANO, CHRISTINE // Bond Buyer;9/26/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32970, p1
The article reports on the slight recovery of the tax-exempt money market funds in the U.S. as of September 26, 2008. Data shows that the funds started recovering some of the nearly $30 billion of outflows they suffered. Market participants note that there is still a feeling of uneasiness among...
- STASH THE CASH HERE. Stern, Linda // Newsweek;10/4/2004, Vol. 144 Issue 14, p66
Reports that money-market funds are coming to life after the Federal Reserve's repeated interest rate hikes. Financial statistics on the increase in average annual yields; Analysis by Peter Crane of iMoneynet.com.
- Yields Top 4% on Tax-Free Money Funds. Mangla, Ismat Sarah // Money;
This article reports that the USAA Tax-Exempt Money Market Fund yielded 4.42 percent in October, 2008. It is stated that tax-exempt money-market funds are a stable investment in an otherwise volatile stock market. Charts are presented that list information on the minimum investment required and...
- WEALTH MANAGEMENT MEDIA SCAN. // American Banker;12/30/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 249, p7
The article presents summaries of news articles from financial news publications. "BusinessWeek" reported only a small portion of stocks included in the Standard and Poor's 500 Index (S&P 500) will show positive returns for 2008. "Forbes" listed stocks most likely to perform well in a recession....