New York's Monroe County to Sell $63M of Insured GO Refunding Debt
- Ohio Preps $401M Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31956, p1
Reports that the Ohio treasurer's office is planning to bring approximately 401 million dollars of bonds to market starting August 26, 2004, with several refundings that seek to take advantage of low interest rates and balance out higher interest rates the state locked in with State and Local...
- A Bond Market in Flux. Goodman, Josh // Governing;Feb2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p55
The article considers the possible decline of municipal bond issuance in the U.S. in 2006. According to a forecast by the Bond Market Association, the money borrowed by state and local governments will decline in 2006. Furthermore, it is possible that refunding will decline due to the rise of...
- Solid-Waste Sale. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32253, p35
Reports on the intention of the government of Spokane, Washington to competitively sell multimillion revenue refunding bonds for its regional solid-waste management system.
- Two New England Issuers Prepare Refunding Deals. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p34
Reports on plans by bond issuers in Connecticut and Massachusetts to proceed with refunding deals despite some market softening in the aftermath of an increase in non-farm payrolls in October 2004. Components of Connecticut's $350 million special tax obligation bond deal; Use of proceeds from...
- N.Y.C. Plans $1.3B ARS Conversion. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32829, p1
The article reports on the plan of New York City government to convert more than half of its $2 billion of general obligation bonds in auction-rate mode to fixed-rate bonds and variable-rate demand bonds through a $1.3 billion refunding. The city did not announced which series of auction-rate...
- Philly Eyes Retail in GO Deal. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/4/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33493, p1
The article reports on the plan of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania officials to sell 272.2 million dollars of tax-exempt general obligation (GO) debt to finance capital projects and refund bonds for debt-service savings like Series 2011 GO bonds. According to Treasurer Nancy Winkler, the city aims to...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;3/02/2015, p1
Statistics related to result of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the different U.S. states as of March 3, 2015 is presented including the Higher Education General Obligation (GO) Bonds in Arkansas; the GO Refunding Bonds Series 2015 in Missouri, and the GO bonds in Illinois.
- Muni Prices End Weaker as Calif., Ohio Deals Sell. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;10/20/2015, p17
The article reports on the weaker prices of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of October 20, 2015 which include various purpose general obligation and refunding bonds, Series C bonds, and Series D bonds.
- Market Close: Pa. Sells $1B GOs; Muni Prices Plunge. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;2/3/2015, p33
The article reports on the $2 billion of competitive new issues of bonds on the U.S. municipal bond market, led by offerings from Pennsylvania, Virginia, Wisconsin and California. The bonds include the unlimited tax general obligation bonds of Pennsylvania, the school financing refunding bonds...