Munis Sell Off in Sympathy With Treasuries on Strong Economic Data
- Munis Finish Stronger as Treasuries Surge. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/12/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F354, p1
Top-rated municipal bonds finished stronger on Thursday, traders said, as yields on some maturities fell by as much as five basis points. Treasuries surged as stocks slumped after global equities caught a bad case of the Bear Market Blues.
- Volume Still On Pace To Break '05 Records. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32746, p1
The article focuses on the 2007 market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. Preliminary results from Thomson Financial indicate that the volume of municipal bonds remains ahead as compared to the 2006 data. About $41.4 billion of bonds have been sold during October, which translates to an...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p33
Presents statistics for bonds market in the U.S. as of July 29, 2003. Yields on short-term tax-exempt bonds; Market indicators for various bonds and securities; Prices for municipal bonds and government securities; Municipal bond index.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, October 13. // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States as of October 13, 2004. Economic indicators; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Muni Prices Up After Treasuries Rally, Traders Get Over Supply Hump, FOMC. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32196, p2
Presents updates related to the bond market in the U.S. Increase in municipal bond prices; Claim of traders that municipal bonds were sold at higher prices; Use of some participants of the rally to offload some bonds.
- Weekly Reporters Show Net Inflow of $251.49M. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32211, p5
Presents updates related to municipal bond mutual funds in the bond market in the U.S. Total net inflow of the funds; Decline in the moving average inflows for all municipal bond funds; Net outflow of equity funds.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, February 5. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p2
Presents charts on the municipal bond market and economic indicators in the U.S. as of February 5, 2004.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;10/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32495, p35
The article presents statistics on the municipal bond market in the United States as of October 26, 2006. They include market indicators, short-term tax-exempt yields, securities prices, municipal market data general obligation yields, visible supply declines, new-issue balances, reoffering...
- Market Continues Record Pace. Posner, Mathew // Bond Buyer;4/2/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32599, p1
The article examines the performance of municipal bonds in the bond market in the first quarter of 2007 in the U.S. In March 2007, the market accommodates a $40.8 billion of bonds, which makes the quarter's total issuance of $104 billion of bonds. The current situation equals to a 49% increase...