Munis Sell Off in Sympathy With Treasuries on Strong Economic Data
- Munis Finish Stronger as Treasuries Surge. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/12/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F354, p1
Top-rated municipal bonds finished stronger on Thursday, traders said, as yields on some maturities fell by as much as five basis points. Treasuries surged as stocks slumped after global equities caught a bad case of the Bear Market Blues.
- Volume Still On Pace To Break '05 Records. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32746, p1
The article focuses on the 2007 market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. Preliminary results from Thomson Financial indicate that the volume of municipal bonds remains ahead as compared to the 2006 data. About $41.4 billion of bonds have been sold during October, which translates to an...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p33
Presents statistics for bonds market in the U.S. as of July 29, 2003. Yields on short-term tax-exempt bonds; Market indicators for various bonds and securities; Prices for municipal bonds and government securities; Municipal bond index.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT. // Bond Buyer;8/06/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31693, p2
Presents information about bond market on August 5, 2003 in the U.S. Economic indicators; Municipal bond Index; Government securities prices.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, September 9. // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p2
Focuses on the status of bond market in the U.S. on September 9, 2003. Information on economic indicators and government securities prices.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, April 13. // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p2
Presents a chart depicting economic indicators for municipal bonds in the U.S. as of April 13, 2004.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, May 5. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p2
Presents a charts on the municipal bond market and economic indicators in the U.S. as of May 5, 2004. Institute for Supply Management's non-manufacturing business activity composite index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Treasury Gains Help Munis Stabilize; Investors Showing Signs of Interest. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p2
Reports on trading in the U.S. municipal bond market as of May 14, 2004. Signs of market improvements; Tightening of bid-ask spread; Trading of Treasuries; Effect of key economic indicators on the market.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, May 17. // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p2
Presents data on the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 17, 2004. Major deals for the week; Key economic indicators; Government securities prices.