Munis Sell Off in Sympathy With Treasuries on Strong Economic Data
- Munis Finish Stronger as Treasuries Surge. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/12/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F354, p1
Top-rated municipal bonds finished stronger on Thursday, traders said, as yields on some maturities fell by as much as five basis points. Treasuries surged as stocks slumped after global equities caught a bad case of the Bear Market Blues.
- Volume Still On Pace To Break '05 Records. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32746, p1
The article focuses on the 2007 market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. Preliminary results from Thomson Financial indicate that the volume of municipal bonds remains ahead as compared to the 2006 data. About $41.4 billion of bonds have been sold during October, which translates to an...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, May 17. // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p2
Presents data on the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 17, 2004. Major deals for the week; Key economic indicators; Government securities prices.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, August 2. // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p2
Presents charts depicting municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2, 2004.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, August 3. // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p2
Presents summary data on the United States bond market on August 3, 2004. Economic indicators, including personal income and consumption; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, October 14. // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p2
Presents a snapshot of the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. on October 14, 2004. Economic indicators; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Muni Prices Up After Treasuries Rally, Traders Get Over Supply Hump, FOMC. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32196, p2
Presents updates related to the bond market in the U.S. Increase in municipal bond prices; Claim of traders that municipal bonds were sold at higher prices; Use of some participants of the rally to offload some bonds.
- Weekly Reporters Show Net Inflow of $251.49M. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32211, p5
Presents updates related to municipal bond mutual funds in the bond market in the U.S. Total net inflow of the funds; Decline in the moving average inflows for all municipal bond funds; Net outflow of equity funds.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, February 5. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p2
Presents charts on the municipal bond market and economic indicators in the U.S. as of February 5, 2004.