N.Y. STAR Corp. Prepares to Refinance $2.5B of MAC Debt
- N.Y.C.'s STAR Sale, Massachusetts Deals Highlight Calendar. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p6
Reports on the sale of bonds of New York City's Sales Tax Asset Receivable (STAR) Corp. Value of the refinancing that STAR will sell; Addition of two Massachusetts deals in the sale; Components of the STAR deal.
- NYC Delays $650M GO Sale Till Nov. 3. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/26/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31997, p2
The article reports that New York City plans to sell $650 million of general obligation bonds next week in a deal that will include a $100 million taxable tranche. The new-money deal was originally scheduled for this week but was delayed to accommodate the city's $2.6 billion Sales Tax Asset...
- N.Y.C. Hopes to Satisfy an Eager Market With $2.6B MAC Deal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p1
Reports on New York City's refinancing of Municipal Assistance Corp.'s debt. Bond market rally; Tax-exempt bond supply.
- MAC Appeal Pushes Back N.Y.C. Deal. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31708, p1
Reports that a New York state appellate court has granted a request by the state for a preliminary injunction against New York City administration's plan to start refinancing Municipal Assistance Corp. bonds. Response of the state administration to the decision; Information on the panel of...
- New York's $2.6B MAC Deal Set for Week of Oct. 25. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31988, p7
The article reports that New York City plans to be in the market with its long awaited and controversial $2.6 billion Municipal Assistance Corp. debt refinancing. The bonds are secured with $5.1 billion of state sales tax revenue that the state legislature agreed to give to the city over 30...
- N.Y City's STAR Plans $2B Tax-Exempt Sale. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34172, p1
The article focuses on the statement of spokesman for city Comptroller Scott Stringer, concerning plan of New York City's Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corp. to sell two billion dollars of tax-exempt, fixed-rate bonds on September 23, 2014 after a two-day retail order period.
- The Market's New STAR. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p1
Reports on the reaction of the municipal bond market of New York City's proposed sale of Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corp. (STAR). Reasons why the proposed STAR sale is considered an attractive deal by bond buyers; Governor George Pataki's opposition to the deal; Expected price of the STAR bonds.
- New York's High Court Hears Arguments on MAC Refinancing. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31873, p3
Reports on attempts of New York's Local Government Assistance Corp. (LGAC) to convince the state courts to block New York City's proposed refinancing of Municipal Assistance Corp. debt. Opening arguments of the case, LGAC s. the city's Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corp.; Court's granting of...
- N.Y.C.'s STAR Corp. Remains Secure With Credit Ratings. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31993, p36
The article reports that New York City's Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corp. has earned credit ratings equivalent to the state's Local Government Assistance Corp. This despite the fact that Governor George Pataki's administration has said it will not include the annual $ 170 million appropriation...