North Dakota Electric Project Prepares Sale of $100M in Refunding Bonds
- Rural Electrification. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p31
Reports that the Wyoming Infrastructure Authority (WIA) has announced the completion of financing for its first electric transmission project. Structure of the deal as a private placement of WIA bonds with the investment portfolio of the state treasurer; Role of Lehman Brothers Inc. as private...
- Lebanon: Foreign Bond Foray. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/17/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the issuance of international bonds in dollars and euros by the Republic of Lebanon in May 2004. Value of each bond; Reason behind the issuance of the bonds; Total debt of the country as of January 2004; Analysis of Lebanon's financial status.
- N.Y. Legislature OKs Bill Allowing Erie County to Issue Debt. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/26/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32907, p7
The article reports that the New York Legislature has passed a bill that will allow Erie County to sell bonds without the permission of its control board, the Erie County Fiscal Stability Authority. According to the article, the county and control board have been deadlocked over which entity...
- Assessing the Middle East Sovereign Bond Market. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q3, Special section p1
The article presents an assessment of the Middle East sovereign bond market. Generating 16.2 billion U.S. dollars of fresh debt capital in 2009, the market was ignited by the selling of three billion U.S. dollars of sovereign bond by the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the State of Qatar. The author...
- Philippines Global 25 Breaks Support. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/4/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the performance of the Global 25 bond of the Philippines. Factors influencing the performance of the bond; Value of the Philippine peso.
- MARKET MOVERS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/26/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p1
Presents news briefs on the bond market in emerging countries as of September 2005. Rise in the price of the sovereign bond issue from Turkey; Outlook for gold bonds.
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;8/29/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 92951, p2
Corrections to articles published in previous issues are presented including the underlying rating in New York City Health and Hospital Corp., the downgraded Radian Asset Assurance Inc. to BBB-plus with a negative outlook from A and rating information of Galveston County, Texas general...
- Government debt management in Europe: recent changes in debt managers' strategies. Wolswijk, Guido; De Haan, Jakob // Public Finance & Management;Jun2006, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p244
This paper presents a survey of changes in the strategies of government debt managers in European countries. These changes were introduced in response to alterations in the working environment of debt managers, like the introduction of the euro, declining government debt ratios, the introduction...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31932, p31
Presents news updates on the bond market in the western United States as of July 23, 2004. Decision of Alaska governor Frank Murkoswki to use his line-item veto power to cut money from the state's 2005 budget; Orange County Transportation Authority's rejection of a proposal to seek county...