North Dakota Electric Project Prepares Sale of $100M in Refunding Bonds
- Rural Electrification. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p31
Reports that the Wyoming Infrastructure Authority (WIA) has announced the completion of financing for its first electric transmission project. Structure of the deal as a private placement of WIA bonds with the investment portfolio of the state treasurer; Role of Lehman Brothers Inc. as private...
- Lebanon: Foreign Bond Foray. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/17/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the issuance of international bonds in dollars and euros by the Republic of Lebanon in May 2004. Value of each bond; Reason behind the issuance of the bonds; Total debt of the country as of January 2004; Analysis of Lebanon's financial status.
- N.Y. Legislature OKs Bill Allowing Erie County to Issue Debt. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/26/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32907, p7
The article reports that the New York Legislature has passed a bill that will allow Erie County to sell bonds without the permission of its control board, the Erie County Fiscal Stability Authority. According to the article, the county and control board have been deadlocked over which entity...
- Assessing the Middle East Sovereign Bond Market. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q3, Special section p1
The article presents an assessment of the Middle East sovereign bond market. Generating 16.2 billion U.S. dollars of fresh debt capital in 2009, the market was ignited by the selling of three billion U.S. dollars of sovereign bond by the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the State of Qatar. The author...
- FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p46
Presents a table on proposed bond issues in the Far West region of the U.S. as of June 4, 2004. Net amount of the bond issue; Approval status; Expected sale date.
- Puerto Rico Sale to Aid Pensions. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 327820, p1
The article reports that the upcoming sale of some $4 billion in taxable municipal debt to shore up Puerto Rico's pension system is aiming to attract the attention of both traditional municipal investors and those outside the typical base who are looking for yield or diversification. Information...
- The Bond Market and Fiscal Institutions: Have Budget Stabilization Funds Reduced State Borrowing Costs? Wagner, Gary A. // National Tax Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p785
Since budget stabilization funds have the potential to aid states in mitigating periods of fiscal stress, they may reduce the default risk associated with state-issued debt. This paper explores how budget stabilization funds affect state borrowing costs. While the empirical results reveal that...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31932, p32
Provides statistics regarding the bond market in the United States, compiled as of July 23, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Visible supply rises.
- Osborne considers launch of 100-year bond. Ellul, Joanne // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/14/2012, p21
The article reports that British Chancellor George Osborne aims to launch a Government bond with a repayment date lasting 100 years. According to some reports, the Chancellor also wants to test the case for launching perpetuals, bonds that pay interest indefinitely, with the principal never...