Small Connecticut Town's $38M Referendum Is a Pretty Big Deal
- Lebanon: Foreign Bond Foray. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/17/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the issuance of international bonds in dollars and euros by the Republic of Lebanon in May 2004. Value of each bond; Reason behind the issuance of the bonds; Total debt of the country as of January 2004; Analysis of Lebanon's financial status.
- N.Y. Legislature OKs Bill Allowing Erie County to Issue Debt. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/26/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32907, p7
The article reports that the New York Legislature has passed a bill that will allow Erie County to sell bonds without the permission of its control board, the Erie County Fiscal Stability Authority. According to the article, the county and control board have been deadlocked over which entity...
- Assessing the Middle East Sovereign Bond Market. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q3, Special section p1
The article presents an assessment of the Middle East sovereign bond market. Generating 16.2 billion U.S. dollars of fresh debt capital in 2009, the market was ignited by the selling of three billion U.S. dollars of sovereign bond by the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the State of Qatar. The author...
- Puerto Rico Lawmakers Expect to Pass $42 Million Capital Projects Plan Monday. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p3
The article reports that lawmakers of Puerto Rico is set to pass a $42 million of capital projects that with Governor Anibal Acevedo Vila's signature could end the stalemate over the commonwealth's proposed significant bond bill for 2007. The New Progressive Party is believed to be its second...
- FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p46
Presents a table on proposed bond issues in the Far West region of the U.S. as of June 4, 2004. Net amount of the bond issue; Approval status; Expected sale date.
- Philippines Global 25 Breaks Support. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/4/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the performance of the Global 25 bond of the Philippines. Factors influencing the performance of the bond; Value of the Philippine peso.
- MARKET MOVERS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/26/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p1
Presents news briefs on the bond market in emerging countries as of September 2005. Rise in the price of the sovereign bond issue from Turkey; Outlook for gold bonds.
- Puerto Rico Sale to Aid Pensions. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 327820, p1
The article reports that the upcoming sale of some $4 billion in taxable municipal debt to shore up Puerto Rico's pension system is aiming to attract the attention of both traditional municipal investors and those outside the typical base who are looking for yield or diversification. Information...
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;8/29/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 92951, p2
Corrections to articles published in previous issues are presented including the underlying rating in New York City Health and Hospital Corp., the downgraded Radian Asset Assurance Inc. to BBB-plus with a negative outlook from A and rating information of Galveston County, Texas general...