Small Connecticut Town's $38M Referendum Is a Pretty Big Deal
- Lebanon: Foreign Bond Foray. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/17/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the issuance of international bonds in dollars and euros by the Republic of Lebanon in May 2004. Value of each bond; Reason behind the issuance of the bonds; Total debt of the country as of January 2004; Analysis of Lebanon's financial status.
- N.Y. Legislature OKs Bill Allowing Erie County to Issue Debt. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/26/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32907, p7
The article reports that the New York Legislature has passed a bill that will allow Erie County to sell bonds without the permission of its control board, the Erie County Fiscal Stability Authority. According to the article, the county and control board have been deadlocked over which entity...
- Assessing the Middle East Sovereign Bond Market. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q3, Special section p1
The article presents an assessment of the Middle East sovereign bond market. Generating 16.2 billion U.S. dollars of fresh debt capital in 2009, the market was ignited by the selling of three billion U.S. dollars of sovereign bond by the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the State of Qatar. The author...
- Puerto Rico Lawmakers Expect to Pass $42 Million Capital Projects Plan Monday. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p3
The article reports that lawmakers of Puerto Rico is set to pass a $42 million of capital projects that with Governor Anibal Acevedo Vila's signature could end the stalemate over the commonwealth's proposed significant bond bill for 2007. The New Progressive Party is believed to be its second...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31932, p32
Provides statistics regarding the bond market in the United States, compiled as of July 23, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Visible supply rises.
- Qatar scores in bond markets. SMITH, PAMELA ANN // Middle East;Dec2010, Issue 417, p36
The article discusses the growing bonds of Qatar Investment Authority in Qatar. It states that 3.5 billion worth of bonds has been raised by the government of Qatar, which issued an eight-year bonds worth 5 billion to help launch a local debt market and provide a vehicle that will mop up the...
- Midwest Sales Inch Up. Devitt, Caitlin; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/13/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32815, p1
The article reports on the increase of tobacco bond sale in 2007 in the Midwest U.S. The sale increase by 1 percent which issues $74 billion of bonds, compared to the $73.3 billion issued in 2006. Borrowing respectively increases to $16.8 billion and $17.6 billion in the first and second...
- Scotland bond issuance powers move closer. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing (Online Edition);12/12/2014, p1
The article reports on the initiation of the formal process to allow the Scottish government to issue bonds by the government in Great Britain in December 2014. It is noted that the country will be allowed to fund borrowing through the issuance of bonds from April 2015 following the move, which...
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p38
Presents a table depicting the invisible bond supply in the U.S. Southeastern states as of September 30, 2004.