Munis Fall on Weaker Treasuries; California Sells $6 Billion of Rans
- Munis End Lower, Treasuries Weaken On Revised Consumer Sentiment Index. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;12/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31788, p2
Reports on the performance of the Treasury market in the U.S. Impact of the revised December University of Michigan consumer sentiment index on the market; Financial third quarter gross domestic product; Auction of two-year notes by the Treasury Department; Pillars of support for tax-exempts;...
- Indexes Keep Rising, Thanks to Heavy Supply, Treasury Slump. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p31
Reports on the increase in indexes as municipal bond prices decreases in the face of heavier supply and a fall of the Treasury market in the U.S. Amount of the general obligation bonds and several large deals in California; Indication of a growth in gross domestic product; Average yield to...
- Municipals Fall; Missouri Sells $599 Million of Top-Rated GOs. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/27/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31480, p2
Reports the general obligation bonds issued by the state of Missouri. Assessment of market rates; Expectation on the third quarter gross domestic product; Treasury bond losses in the municipal arena.
- Colombia 08 Approaching Resistance. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the bond performance of Colombia as of September 15, 2003. Factors that contributed to the growth of gross domestic product; Trading level of bond in September 2003.
- Munis Stabilize After Two-Day Sell-Off, But Caution Remains. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31932, p2
Reveals that the municipal bond market stabilized after a two-day sell-off and bonds were quoted higher in price on the back of marginal gains in Treasuries. Investors' seizing of the opportunity provided by early equity losses and weaker leading indicators.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, July 22. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31932, p2
Provides information on the bond market in the U.S., compiled as of July 22, 2004. Initial jobless claims; Leading indicators; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Municipals Gain a Positive Tone; Hefty New York, Texas Deals Price. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31912, p2
Reports on the outcome of the bond trading during the June 23, 2004 trading session in the U.S. Drift in government bonds during the first part of the session; Percentage acquired by indirect bidders which include foreign central banks and clients of primary dealers; Reports of selective selling...
- PIC: An Alternative Approach to Accepting Bids on Local and State Government Bonds: Comment. Hopewell, Michael H.; Kaufman, George G. // Financial Management (1972);Summer79, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p42
This article refutes the superiority of the present value interest cost (PIC) over the net interest cost and true interest cost (TIC) used by state and local governments in awarding their serials bonds as proposed by Professors Osteryoung, Braswell and Blevins. The authors also state that TIC...
- Municipals Unchanged as LIPA, Missouri, Rhode Island Sell Deals. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p2
There was moderate trading of municipal bonds while the Long Island Power Authority in New York, the Missouri Housing Development Commission, and the Rhode Island Refunding Bond Authority entered the new-issue market. Treasuries were mostly higher, gaining ground on weak economic data and the...