Tulsa County, Okla., Lowered to AA by S&P
- Midwestern U. Up. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p31
Focuses on the improvement of rating for Midwestern University by Standard & Poor's Corp. into the single A category with the refunding of school in Arizona. Worth of the refunding program; Impact of the upgrade with debt of the school; Factors influencing the upgrade.
- N.Y.C. Sets $850M Debt Sale for Next Week. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p36
Reports on the plans of the New York City to sell tax-exempt fixed-rate bonds. Rating of New York City's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's.
- Europe: The Ratings Game. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/12/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p19
The article reports on the convergence in European credit ratings in 2005. Standard & Poor's has upgraded Lithuania's credit rating by one notch and assigned its first ever rating to Georgia in April. Meanwhile, the agency revised its outlook on the Czech Republic's A long-term foreign currency...
- WISCONSIN: Meriter Hospital Positive. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32767, p9
The article reports that the credit rating for Meriter Hospital has been upgraded by Standard & Poor's Corp. in Madison, Wisconsin. The rating agency revised its outlook to positive from stable, reflecting the growing volume figures and overall financial profile of the hospital. The upgrade...
- Pittsburgh's Fiscal Problems Run It Down. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on the decision of Standard & Poor's to lower the bond rating of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Reasons for the downgrade; Budget problems facing Pittsburgh; Outlook of Moody's Investor Service and Fitch on the bond rating of Pittsburgh.
- S&P Lifts Its Watch on Lake County, Ind., and 8 Localities. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31977, p7
Reports on the removal of the negative CreditWatch designation for Lake County and other municipalities in Indiana by Standard & Poor's Rating Services. Plan to review other areas after a court challenges the constitutionality of a tax reassessment in the state; Review conducted on each issuers...
- S&P Downgrades Syncora to CC. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;1/30/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33052, p6
The article features the ratings made by Standard & Poor's to Syncora Guarantee Inc. in the U.S. It downgraded its rating from B to CC, removing it from negative CreditWatch, and its outlook remains negative. The rating is attributed to its distrissed exchange criteria, including commutations of...
- CALIFORNIA: School Nets 4-Notch Upgrade. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/30/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33052, p9
The article offers information on the rating given by Standard & Poor's to the Acton-Agua Dulce Unified School District in California. It upgraded Acton's issuer credit rating from BBB-plus to AA-minus. According to Chris Morgan, analyst at Standard & Poors, the improved rating is attributed to...
- S&P Withdraws Ratings Georgia County Dislikes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/13/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34108, p1
The article focuses on the statement of investment banker, concerning that officials of Walker County, Georgia, has asked the credit rating agency Standard & Poor's to withdraw its ratings on the county's 2008 bonds after disagreeing with a recent four-notch downgrade to BBB-plus. It further...