Packing It In
- Food-service container makers seek alternatives. Verespej, Mike // Plastics News;10/1/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p4
The article reports that food-service product manufacturers are looking at polystyrene (PS) alternatives in response to bans on expanded PS takeout containers and other environmental issues. John Burke, president of the Foodservice Packaging Institute Inc. said that a growing market for takeout...
- Century's best foodservice packages. Mohan, Anne Marie // Packaging Digest;Jul2000, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p56
Focuses on winners of the Foodservice Packaging Institute's Package/Machine of the Century Awards. Inclusion of Reynolds Metal Co.'s Reynowave tableware line; Pactiv corp.'s SmartLock Carryout Container; Two-compartment bag from Bagcraft Packaging LLC; Scoop and Munchie Cup family from...
- Picking Up Foodservice Packaging. Dorn, Betsy // Resource Recycling;Mar2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p31
The article offers information on foodservice packaging (FSP) recovery effort of Foodservice Packaging Institute (FPI). It mentions that the guiding principles of FPI include the maintenance of transparency, the use of science- and markets-based approach, and development of practical long-term...
- FOOD RESIDUE IN FOOD SERVICE PACKAGING. // BioCycle;Nov2014, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p6
The article focuses on the findings of a study released by the Foodservice Packaging Institute (FPI) in October 2014 which reveals that there is no difference in the amount of contamination between food service packaging and recycled food packaging.
- NEW REPORT HIGHLIGHTS LATEST. // Food & Beverage Packaging;Jan2014, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p16
The article reports on the three key trends in the food packaging industry as revealed in the 2013 Trends Report of the trade organization Foodservice Packaging Institute (FPI), which include beverage packaging, material expansion, and size of business.
- FOOD SERVICE PACKAGING DIVERSION. // BioCycle;Dec2011, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p55
The article focuses on the announcement of The Foodservice Packaging Institute (FPI), Inc. on the founding of the group of organizations "Paper Recovery Alliance" (PRA), which will make solutions for the processing and recovering of used paper foodservice packaging.
- FOODSERVICE PACKAGING INSTITUTE LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE. // Food & Beverage Packaging;Apr2013, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the launch of a new website by the Foodservice Packaging Institute Inc. (FPI) located at www.fpi.org in 2013.
- It's all in the packaging: FPI Awards honor consumer-friendly designs. Perkins, Caroline // Nation's Restaurant News;11/22/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 47, p60
Reports on the satisfaction of customers with take out, take home or delivery experience is associated with packaging. Priority of the awardees of the recent Foodservice & Packaging Institute; Award received by KFC; Impact of quality packaging on the cost of the product.
- FPI predicts sales increase, identifies challenges. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/8/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p102
Focuses on the study by the Foodservice & Packaging Institute Inc. which predicted the increases in three quarters of single-use foodservice packaging converters in North America and Europe. Implication of the study in the optimism of foodservice packaging industry; Consideration of compression...