Don't blow off steam
- Full steam ahead. // Caterer (2055-7817);04/24/2015, pXVII
This article provides information on the use of steamers by restaurants and food service operators for bulk cooking. It discusses the popularity of large steamers when it comes to bulk cooking, the advantages and disadvantages of using pressureless steamers, and the function of traditional...
- CHEF AT LARGE. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/3/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4775, pXVIII
The article offers tips for food service providers on how to properly choose pressure steamers.
- VOLUME COOKING. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/27/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4725, preceding p44
The article offers information on boiling kettle or steam-jacketed kettle that helps in cooking large quantities of food using steam in Great Britain.
- SAVE TIME, BOOST FLAVOR: Steamers and kettles. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p96
Focuses on the use of steamers and kettles in the food service industry. Advantages of using kettles; Foods that can be cooked in steamers; How kettles and steamers are cleaned.
- FOODSERVICE BUYER: STEAMERS. Bean, Russell L. // Restaurant Business;Feb2006, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p76
The article focuses on food steamers. Manufacturers have come up with clever variations for generating steam and regulating temperature and pressure. All steamers started out tethered to a water supply line and wastewater drain. Eventually, hard water and scale buildup problems spurred the...
- NEW PRODUCTS. // FoodService Director;3/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p35
The article features foodservice equipment and supplies. Solo Cup Company's Traveler Plus reclosable lid is ideal for serving hot beverages to-go. Hatco Corporation's Flay-R-Savor Tall Humidified Holding Cabinet is designed to offer the flexibility to prepare larger quantities of proven...
- EQUIPMENT SHOPPER. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p86
Evaluates several food preparation and cooking equipment. AccuTemp Steam'n'Hold steamer; Classic Footed Dessert Dish from Carlisle Foodservice Products; Glo-Ray Mini-Merchandiser from Hatco Corp.; Classic Series Gas Convection Steamers from Cleveland Range.
- COMBI OVEN STERMERS. Drysdale, John A. // Chef Educator Today;Autumn2007, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p29
The article features the combination oven steamers. Popularly known as combi's, the oven steamer was an answer to the food service industry's call for more efficient use of space in the kitchen as well as a more efficient use of equipment. A combination oven steamer can work as convection oven,...
- Buying a Combination Oven/Steamer. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2007, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p104
The article offers ideas on selecting and purchasing a combination oven/steamer for restaurants. Various chefs prefer having a combination oven/steamer equipment in their restaurants. Combination oven/steamer can do different cooking procedures in a single unit, such as baking, roasting and...