Airports, stadiums top Delaware North's agenda
- Just desserts: Rich in so many ways. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;6/5/95, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p1
Profiles Richard Melman, president and chief executive officer of Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises Inc. Reputation of Melman in the restaurant business; Presentation of meals in restaurants; Interest of Melman in softball.
- LEYE's Melman celebrates 25 years in foodservice. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;6/10/96, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the 25th year anniversary celebration of the Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises Inc. headed by Richard Melman. Success of the company; Comments from Melman; Changes in the company; Melman's business strategy.
- Does he still have it? Alva, Marilyn // Restaurant Business;3/1/94, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p104
Profiles restaurateur Richard Melman. Playing softball as hobby; Career in restaurant management; Maturation of Melman's company called Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises; Partnership arrangements; Profits of Melman's individual restaurants; Comparisons between Melman's restaurants and...
- Richard Melman. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;Jan95 Special Issue Profiles, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p141
Profiles Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises president Richard Melman. Innovativeness; Comments from fellow restaurateurs; National expansion; Sales; Partners; Corner Bakery concept; Management style; Accomplishments.
- Melman's recipe: Image and acumen. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/1/95, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p3
Profiles Richard A. Melman, president and chief executive of Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises Inc. and Crain's Chicago Business Executive of the Year. Number of eateries in the Lettuce banner; Professional and personal background; 1994 sales; Charitable efforts; Other activities.
- AT 'NEW' SOLDIER FIELD: Sportservice tracks Bears. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p30
Reports on the partnership of Sportservice and Lettuce Entertain You Inc. to provide food services at the Soldier Field stadium in Chicago, Illinois. Information on the menus to be offered at the venue; Background on the stadium.
- In brief. // Food Management;Nov2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p15
This article presents news briefs related to the food industry in the U.S. Ca One Services Inc., a subsidiary of Delaware North Cos. Inc., has a new name after 65 years of service: Delaware North Cos. Travel Hospitality Services. The company Sodexho USA has announced plans to operate Starbucks...
- Nick Biello. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;12/12/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 50, p38
This article presents an interview with Nick Biello, president of the Travel Hospitality Services of Delaware North Cos. Inc., about the business in the U.S. Its focus is in airport food service segment. It operates about 25 to 30 stores and are bidding business. It plans to offer parking...
- HAVING WORDS WITH Rick Abramson PRESIDENT OF SPORTSERVICE DELAWARE NORTH COS. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;5/8/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p126
This article presents an interview with Rick Abramson, president of the Sportservice division at Buffalo, N.Y.-based Delaware North Cos. His career includes stints at the firm's national parks business, international interests in Australia, and the former Delta Queen Steamboat Co. unit. Delaware...