Setting the mood for food
- Food-services firm serves up deficit to R.I. districts. Richardson, Joanna // Education Week;5/10/95, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p3
Reports on the financial losses incurred by food-services firm Aramark School Nutrition Services hired to provide school-lunch programs in Rhode Island in 1993. Estimated number of students served by the company; Terms under agreement with schools.
- Tim Zintz: Well schooled in campus dining. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;6/20/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p34
The article focuses on chef Tim Zintz for whom cooking for college students has become an education in itself. Tim Zintz, a district executive chef for Aramark's Campus Dining Services division has learned volumes as his culinary input becomes integral to the lifestyles of the university...
- Students say no to bland college food. Mullen, Rosalind // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/15/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4272/4273, p9
Reports on the attitude of students toward the quality of food being served at campus cafeterias in Great Britain according to a survey in 2003. Factors which affect the attitude of students towards food service; Decline in the use of university and college cafeterias; Preferences of students...
- Students name Ohio U's foodcourt. // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that Dining Services had given students the chance to suggest a name for the food court in the Baker Center on the Campus of Ohio University. Patti Pennell, the department's retail manager, says West 82 was the name they chose. She notes that they received 1,900 responses and...
- Finger Scans Replace Cash at Gonzaga. // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;3/9/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p17
The article reports on the use of finger scans by students at Gonzaga University to pay for meals and other expenses in the campus area. Sodexho Inc., the company that runs food service operations at Gonzaga, has launched pilot programs at the Spokane, Washington school and the University of...
- Concepts Galore at USC's New Campus Center. // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p24
The article reports on the new dining concepts at the Ronald Tutor Campus Center of the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California. It is noted that the dining options reflect the sophistication of college students when it comes to food. One of the concepts is the Moreton Fig...
- Smaller Trays Provide Alternative to Trayless. // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p31
The article reports on the smaller food trays used by cafeterias at the University of Missouri as a way to reduce food waste. The university decided to implement the use of small food trays because students are not in favor of trayless eating. But Julaine Kiehn, director of campus dining...
- IN COLLEGE DINING HALL: WOOSTER SETS 'NO-FRY' ZONE. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the conversion of Kittredge Dining Hall in Wooster College, Ohio into a dining zone to create an alternative for students. Food served at the dining hall.
- DURING CHARTWELLS' FIRST YEAR: U.-Albany expands cafe menu. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the food service expansion at SUNY University in Albany, New York in response to student requests for healthy food outlets in the campus. Expansion of Ritazza Cafe's menu; Opening of a unit of Campbell's Soup and Wild Greens salad; Plans for the university's food service.