School Nutrition steps to the fore
- DiRoNA panel: Attention to small details can mean big business gains. Ravneberg, Christi // Nation's Restaurant News;6/12/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p82
The article highlights key business success strategies for restaurants and food service companies, which were emphasized by panelists from the Distinguished Restaurants of North America during the National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show in Chicago, Illinois. Clever...
- School nutrition achieves higher prominence. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the success of the School Nutrition Association (SNA) after its name change in Virginia. Role of the association in the promotion of child nutrition according to president Karen Johnson; Factors attributed to the increase in the association's membership; Contribution of the SNA to...
- HFM Survey Results. // Food Management;Jun2008, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p18
The article highlights the results of the membership survey conducted by the National Society for Healthcare Food Service Management (HFM) in North America. The HFM survey asked about patient meal service, retail restaurants, and practices to highlight trends in food service. Half of the...
- Structure As A Predictor Of Strategic Planning Use. Drago, William A. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Winter97/98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p125
Provides support for the configurational approach in the study of organizations by empirically deriving `ideal' organizational factors and insights into the interrelationship between organization structure and strategic planning use. Research design and preliminary results; Dominant structural...
- Principles of strategic planning. Drohan, William // Association Management;Jan1997, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p85
Focuses on the principles of strategic planning at associations. Goal of the strategic planning process; What an environmental analysis identifies; Information on developing a strategic plan; Importance of keeping the plan relevant. INSET: Looking at the big picture..
- Avoiding eight pitfalls of strategic planning. Liff, Allen // Association Management;Jan1997, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p120
Focuses on how associations can avoid pitfalls of strategic planning. Effects of failing to develop different answers for tomorrow's questions; Effects of losing sight of the members; Effects of relying on opinions and anecdotal information. INSET: Highlights..
- Facilitator-Free Strategic Planning. Rubins, Ira M. // Association Management;Jul2003, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p80
Focuses on the use of association's board members to facilitate strategic planning. Breakdown of the individuals and groups that drive the planning process; Benefits of tapping the talents of association's volunteers.
- MetroVision is reconsidering strategy, staff. Bonura, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3
Reports the strategic planning of Metro Vision in New Orleans, Louisiana. Campaign to increase private sector investment; Decrease of private contribution due to merger in the oil field; Formation of industry cluster committees.
- A Targeted Strategy For International Growth. Koenig, Bonnie // Association Management;Aug2003, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p111
Provides tips and strategies for strategic planning for the international growth of associations. Establishment of international chapters; Assessment of countries for potential success of international chapters; Development of a targeted criteria to guide the association's growth plan; Initial...