Back to school
- Districts Taking Healthy Strides. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p34
Discusses the progress that school cafeterias are making in offering nutritious foods to students in the U.S. Percentage of school meals that are served a la carte; Healthy foods that are offered by the Washington County public schools; Information on the strategies implemented by some...
- NEW CONCEPT ROTATION IN VA: HENRICO SCHOOLS BOOST BRANDS. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the increase in sales at Henrico County Public Schools in Virginia since the introduction of several food brands in 2002. Brand recognition; Daily sales of the food brands.
- San Antonio picks up tab for all school meals. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;10/23/96, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the complimentary cuisines offered by the San Antonio public schools in Texas.
- Bridgeport schools offer free breakfast. // FoodService Director;04/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p5
Reports that under Provision 2, Bridgeport Public Schools is offering universal-free breakfast and lunches. Comments from Ed Huff, food service director; Benefits of using Provision 2.
- UNDER PEGGY LEE'S DIRECTION: Controls and standards help Norfolk school catering shine. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p72
Focuses on the catering program of the Norfolk Public Schools in Virginia. Sales of the catering business; Controls and systems established for the catering program; Service variety of the catering program.
- San Diego USD Pilots Halal Lunch. DeChellis, Joanna // Food Management;Aug2015, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p8
The article discusses the increase in students participation in the Halal Lunch that Crawford High School, a part of the San Diego Unified School District in California offered for its students in last three months of school year 2014-2015. It reveals that the lunch featured a halal chili lime...
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK. Fickenscher, Lisa; Flamm, Matthew; Marshall, Samantha; Strauss, Alix // Crain's New York Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p6
The article reports that the Time Warner Center restaurant located in New York City will begin serving midday diners after a brief break. General Manager Richard Hollocou said that they are not getting enough parties of 25 people or more. The new lunch offering, a fix price menu for $38 per...
- Cart Diplomacy. // Food Management;Jul2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p18
The article reports that the Orange County Public Schools Food & Nutrition Services uses food carts and trucks to reach out to students, employees and parents in California.
- 192 self-ops: Chicago schools analyze preplates. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p8
Reports that now all of the cooking schools of Chicago Public Schools in Illinois has been privatized, the district is planning an analysis of its preplated meals program at 192 remaining self-op schools. Information on Ceres Food Group which provides 40,000 preplated refrigerated meals daily...