- Digital Heroes in Contemporary Hollywood: Exertion, Identification, and the Virtual Action Body. Purse, Lisa // Film Criticism;Fall2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p5
The article talks about the use of digital imaging in Hollywood, in relation to photography and cinema. The author claims that the emergence and presence of digital imaging have caused for issues regarding the ontology of the photographic image to arise. Digital visual technologies produce...
- THE REVOLUTION WILL BE DIGITIZED. Dawn, Randee // MovieMaker;Spring2006, Vol. 13 Issue 62, p66
The article examines the issues on how motion picture theaters are addressing digital exhibition. The author discusses the development of the digital exhibition of motion pictures. Digital quality of video and audio has improved in digital cinema. The author assesses the factors behind the...
- THUNDERBIRDS. Wolff, Ellen // Millimeter;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p52
Discusses the different visual effects of the motion picture "Thunderbirds," by visual effects supervisor Mike McGee. Details on the design; Consideration of projecting textures into 3D geometry as the key technique in the process; Incorporation of real and digital images in the making of the film.
- Chris Landreth's Ryan. // Millimeter;Jun2004, Vol. 32 Issue 6, Special Section p14
Focuses on the production of the film "Ryan." Role of Chris Landreth in the creation of the film; Visual effects of the film; Visual effects.
- fields & frames. Ochiva, Dan // Millimeter;Aug2004, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p65
Reports and comments on developments relevant to digital production and post-production in the U.S. in 2004. Digital imaging and cinematography equipment; Company news; Implications on the sector.
- Super 16 and Digital Intermediates. Phillips, Michael; Glorioso, Lesley // American Cinematographer;Apr2006 Supplement, Vol. 87, p9
The article tackles the use of super 16 and digital intermediates on video and film post production in response to a question raised by an independent filmmaker. The author discussed how the combination of High Definition finishing in HDCAM, D5 or HDCAM SR can help independent productions using...
- 014 GUIDE TO FILM EDUCATION. LEOW, KELLY // MovieMaker;2013, Issue 103, p40
The article offers information on programs which guides to film education around the world. It says that the Boston University Center for Digital Imaging Arts in Massachusetts offers degrees in Audio Production and three dimensional (3-D) Animation. It mentions that the Media-Tech Institute in...
- Color schemes. Egan, Jack // Daily Variety;1/7/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 8, pA1
Reports that the process of putting films through a computerized digital intermediate during the post-production phase has become an essential part of the job for the cinematographers. Suggestion that digital intermediate is rapidly replacing the traditional photochemical process which...
- CH CH CH CH CHANGES. SARGENT, STEFAN // Digital Video;May2013, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p82
The article discusses the changes in making films. It mentions that in old days, when a film is completed and received approval from the client, it directly went to the laboratory without changes. It notes that if changes have to be made to the film, the process becomes a week of expensive...