BLUE SKY BLUESCREEN
- It's Not The Plot. // Popular Mechanics;Mar2005, Vol. 182 Issue 3, p127
The article focuses on the Gwyneth Paltrow or Angelina Jolie staring film "Sky Captain and The World Of Tomorrow." As the film's Special Collector's Edition DVD illustrates in depth," Sky Captain" is the first feature film ever to showcase a fully computer-generated, synthetic set. Through...
- Edge of the Real. Romney, Jonathan // Modern Painters;Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p38
Presents information on the integration of advance digital image-making technology in the film "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," directed by Kerry Conran. Description of the film's narrative; Use of Computer Generated Imagery to create the background of the scenes; Views on the film's...
- The Polar Express. Osmond, Andrew // Sight & Sound;Jan2005, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p62
This article presents information on the motion picture "The Polar Express" directed by Robert Zemeckis. As cloying Christmas films go, Robert Zemeckis' "The Polar Express" is one of the more interesting movies. Like the recent "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," it has been hyped as a...
- THE SKY'S THE LIMIT. Stein, Joel // Time;9/13/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 11, p74
Mentions how Paramount gave first-time director Kerry Conran $40 million to make the action movie 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow' starring Jude Law and Gwyneth Paltrow. How the film combines old and new styles of technology in order to create a unique result; Use of a blue screen by...
- A Retro Future. Probst, Christopher // American Cinematographer;Oct2004, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p32
Discusses Eric Adkins' cinematography for the motion picture "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," directed by Kerry Conran. Use of extensive computer compositing; Role of animatics as a reference during and after filming; Process of storyboarding and creating animatics; Equipment used by...
- BLUE SCREENS AND BIG NAMES. // New Yorker;9/20/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 27, p12
Features the computer-animated sci-fi epic film "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," by Kerry Conran. Highlights of the story; Casts of the film.
- SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW (2004). // MovieMaker;2008 Future of Moviemaking, Vol. 15 Issue 75, p64
The article reviews the motion picture "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," directed by Kerry Conran.
- Portrait of an Artist. Kotler, Steven // Variety;4/5/2004 VLife Supplement, Vol. 394 Issue 8, p32
Relates the conceptualization of the motion picture "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," starring Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie. Profile of film creators Kevin and Kerry Conran; Estimate on the cost of production; Influences of the film.
- SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW. Knolle, Sharon // Daily Variety;1/10/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 9, pA16
This article presents information on the motion picture "Sky Captain and the World Tomorrow," directed by Kevin Conran.The film's striking adherence to an earlier era of Saturday afternoon serials and Buck Rodger's-science fiction is carried out in every detail of the production, including...