California Conservation District Selling $57M of COPs for Power Plant
- COPs will allow Merced, Calif., water district to enter deregulated utility market. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;06/24/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30421, p4
Reports on Merced Irrigation District's entry into the deregulated electricity market of California. Merced's sale of certificates of participation issue; Pricing of the deal by Sutter Securities Inc.; Rating of the debt by Fitch IBCA Inc.
- Orange County Sanit, Calif., Upgraded to Aa1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34063, p1
The article presents information on the upgradation of refunding certificates of participation (COP) of the Orange County Sanitation District, a wastewater treatment facility in Orange County, California. It reveals that rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the ranking from...
- Orange County, Calif. COPs See One-Notch Upgrade. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;2/20/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34063, p1
The article informs that rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the ratings of Orange County Sanitation District's certificates of participation from Aa2 to Aa1. It reveals that the completion of District's capital improvement plan in Orange County, California, was the prime...
- Certification: A commitment to excellence. // Credit World;May/Jun97, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p45
Focuses on the benefits of the certification provided by the Society of Certified Credit Executives (SCCE). Implication of the certificates; Account on the number of enrollments and certifications granted; Levels of certification.
- Tobacco District COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p29
Reports that Durham, North Carolina will sell multi-million dollars worth of certificates of participation.
- Replica Ships Are a Headache, Not History, for Corpus Christi. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31035, p26
Reports on the certificates of participation that Corpus Christi, Texas will pay. Use of the proceeds from the certificates for the construction of replicas of ships; Cost of the replicas.
- Texas County COP Sale to Finance a Prison, Maybe Prosperity. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31139, p30
Reports on the sale of taxable revenue certificates of participation by Reeves County, Texas to finance a prison. Structure of the certificates of participation; Payment terms.
- Wine Makes Calif. County's Tender Offer Hard to Refuse. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;09/05/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30968, p3
Reports on Mendocino County, California's tender offer for certificates of participation. Fees that the county will pay to brokers; Success of the county's offer.
- Georgia senate moves on bill that would restrict COPs. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30826, p5
Reports that the Georgia Senate has moved on a bill that would restrict how certificates of participation can be used. Bond professionals' concerns on the legislation's effects on the financing tool; Voter approval required by the bill; Key provisions.