Solid Waste Flow Control Provision Faces Uncertain Future
- Personal portfolio bonds. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Jun99, Vol. 123 Issue 1270, p98
Presents regulations that detail the yearly charge to tax on personal portfolio bonds, and define which life insurance and similar insurance policies are personal portfolio bonds in Great Britain. Permissible investments without a policy being treated as a personal portfolio bond; First date on...
- More BABs Help Push Yields Down. Herman, Jack // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/8/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 18, p12
The article reports on the pushing down of yields in the tax-exempt market as another set of Build America Bonds (BAB) gets into the market. It notes the option in the market on both deals which can be taxable or tax-exempt. It points that the district received just taxable offers despite the...
- Congress closes without flow bill. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;10/7/96, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p1
Reports that despite continued opposition from business groups and waste-exporting states, the 104th Congress snuffed hopes for a flow-control and interstate-waste bill. When the bill was approved; Effect of the proposal's failure on trash shipments.
- House proposal targets burners, recycling rates. Duff, Susanna // Waste News;03/13/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p14
Focuses on the proposed legislation by Democratic Representative Robert Andrews allowing states to restrict imported garbage in New Jersey. Impact of the bill on solid waste incineration and recycling rates; Factors preventing the approval of the bill; Basis of the proposed legislation.
- Brownfields bill awaits Bush's OK. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;1/7/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p1
No abstract available.
- Bills could reduce Ga. solid waste. Halal, Ann Marie // Waste News;03/24/97, Vol. 2 Issue 44, p4
Outlines the five bills that includes a proposed container-deposit law and a goal of `zero waste' by 2020 that could reduce solid waste introduced in Atlanta, Georgia. Comments form Democratic Senator, Donzella James, sponsor of bills.
- Front burner. Duff, Susanna // Waste News;01/22/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 34, p1
Reports the prioritization of the interstate waste bill in the United States. Plan to balance state importing and exporting of waste; Creation of the Environmental and Hazardous Materials subcommittee; Bills introduced by Representative Paul Gillmor; Preference of the Environmental Industry...
- CA Lawmakers OK Bill That Blocks Trash Importation Laws. // Solid Waste Report;9/10/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p5
The article reports that Assembly Bill 845 that prohibits the voters of one municipality from enacting a law restricting the importation of trash to a local private facility has passed both chambers of the California legislature, receiving final approval on August 28, 2012.
- CALIFORNIA: Mello-Roos Bill OK. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32946, p9
The article reports on the final approval granted by California lawmakers to a bill that would authorize the use of Mello-Roos taxes to back bonds which will be used to finance renewable energy and energy efficiency improvements on private property. The bill would allow homeowners to join in a...