Indiana Governor Introduces Plan to Change Local Tax Collections
- Stability Authority Rejects Erie County, N.Y.'s Recovery Plan. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;10/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32234, p5
Reports that the Erie County, New York Fiscal Stability Authority (ECFSA) has rejected the four-year financial plan that county lawmakers proposed in order to avoid having Erie's fiscal operations placed under a state control board. Statement of ECFSA executive director Lee Van Riper regarding...
- Support mixed for small-biz advocate. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the response to the establishment of the Office of Small Business Advocacy by Governor Joe Kernan in Indiana. Selection of business consultant David Dorff to head the state agency; Effort to eliminate bureaucracy in the government; Resource center for small-business owners.
- Untitled. // GAO Reports;11/6/2014, p1
The article offers information on the 2014 excise tax distributions to the Airport and Airway Trust Fund (AATF) and the Highway Trust Fund (HTF) in the U.S. Topics discussed, include the AATF excise tax procedures, the excise tax distribution procedures for AATF for the quarter ended September...
- FROM THE CHAIR. Lewis, Stuart M. // NewsQuarterly;Summer2010, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p3
In this article, the author expresses his views on the state of the Tax Section of the American Bar Association (ABA) in 2010. He discusses the dedication of Tax Section members, the impact of their comments on the U.S. government, and the efficiency of its operations. He also explains the duty...
- Tax Regimes and the Demand for Risky Assets: Some Experimental Market Evidence. Swenson, Charles W. // Journal of the American Taxation Association;Fall89, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p54
The demand for risky assets, under various tax regimes, Is examined using an experimental market. Both aggregate/market and individual portfolio holdings are generally consistent with theoretical predictions. However, the market mechanism results In a shifting of tax benefits (or costs) from...
- Regulatory Burden Out of Control. // Human Events;7/22/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 27, p18
Presents information on a study conducted by the Cato Institute which exposed the cost that regulatory agencies place on U.S. taxpayers. Number of rules issued by regulatory agencies in 2001; Number of laws signed by the legislative and executive branches.
- No-ruling area. // Practical Accountant;Dec98, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on Revenue Procedure 98-56 setting forth area of Code under the jurisdiction of the Associate Chief Counsel (Domestic) and the Associate Chief Counsel (Employee Benefits and Exempt Organizations).
- IDEM pollution fines fall. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p3A
The article reports that the Indiana Department of Environmental Management in 2005 has handed out fines for population violations. The penalties were down from a year earlier when the department was under the administration of Governor Joe Kernan. The records show that Governor Mitch Daniels'...
- Tax Freedom Day for 2003 is April 19--11 days earlier than in 2000. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/28/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p26
Focuses on Tax Freedom Day, a day when people in the U.S. have earned enough money to pay off their total tax bill for the year. Factors that should be considered to make the average American tax burden lighter; Tax Freedom Day in Utah in 2003; History of tax burdens in the U.S.