Utah Council to Weigh in on Transit Plan, Including $3.1 Billion of GOs
- HIGHWAY BILL CONFERENCE GETS UNDERWAY. // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p68
Reports that the U.S. House-Senate conference committee on the highway and transit bill met on June 9, 2005, to begin working out the differences between their respective bills before the extension expires at the end of the month.
- Brief encounters. // Commercial Motor;8/16/2007, Vol. 206 Issue 5242, p26
The article reports on a series of legal seminars that will be hosted by "Commercial Motor" in Great Britain in September and October 2007. "Commercial Motor" will host a series of legal breakfast seminars on legal developments affecting the road transport industry. The topics that will be...
- SUCCESSFUL TRANSPORTATION WOMEN IN A TIME OF DOWNSIZING. Schachter, Hindy Lauer // Public Administration Quarterly;Winter2005, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p460
Traditionally men have dominated professional and managerial positions in state transportation agencies. Particularly after the downsizing in the 1990s these agencies want to develop women to move into the elite sector of the official/administrative ranks. To develop female professionals,...
- The TEA Generation. Walters, Jonahtan // Governing;May2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p70
Focuses on the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991 (ISTEA) and the Transportation Enhancement Act of 1998 (TEA-21). Role of Bill Vidal, Colorado's transportation secretary during the 1990s, on the transportation policy of the state; Elements of ISTEA; Federal funding for...
- NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING FM 933 from FM 1713 to FM 1244 in Whitney, Hill Co. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p11
The article announces presents information on a public hearing organized by Texas Department of Transportation, Texas on August 21, 2012.
- Lobbyists to push transit aid. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;9/22/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p2
The article reports that municipal, business and transportation interests on September 23, 2008 plan to push for passage of a bill that could help new mass transit-related development in Southeast Michigan, west Michigan, and other parts of the state. It is stated that House Bill 6114 would...
- LaTourette's efforts vital in rescue of DFAS office. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/29/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p1
The article presents information on the developments made by U.S. Representative Steven C. LaTourette in Cleveland, Ohio area. LaTourette recently passed $286.5 billion Transportation Enhancement Act that included money for improvements to Cleveland port and for projects benefiting several...
- HIGHWAYS. // Alaska Almanac;2007, Issue 31, p88
An encyclopedia entry for highways in Alaska is presented. It focuses on the highway infrastructures in Alaska. As of December 2005, the state Department of Transportation and Public Facilities estimated total public road mileage in Alaska at 14,788 center-line miles. This total includes state,...
- OUTSIDE LONDON. // Motor Transport;1/9/2017, p17
The article discusses the influence of several factors to the quality of urban delivery services including access restrictions, time restrictions and parking fees and spaces.