NEWS IN BRIEF
- High Yield Bonds Stay Hot in August. // Leveraged Finance News;9/3/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the growth of high yield bonds in the U.S. in August 2012. The report of Moody's Investors Service Inc. showed that bond issuers brought $33,1 billion in high yield market. It also relates that Community Health Systems Inc.'s $1.6 billion bond was the largest deal in the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p2
Reports developments on public finance in the U.S. as of March 2002. Increase of orders for durable goods; Surge of the consumer confidence index; Upgrade on the Texas Southern University debt rating by the Moody's Investor Service.
- Moody's: Pension Liabilities Grew For 38 States in FY-2012. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/31/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F305, p1
The article reflects on the rating agency Moody's Investors Service's report which says that adjusted net pension liabilities (ANPL) for most U.S. states has increased in fiscal 2012 due to minimal investment returns and a decrease in the interest rate index. Topics discussed include the...
- Muni Yields Fall 2-3 Basis Points; Issuers Price $500M of New Debt. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/5/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31713, p2
Reveals that municipal bond yields fell two to three basis points on September 4, 2003 following the upward path of government securities in the U.S. Revelation that $500 million loans were floated in the market by the government on September 4, 2003; Views of economist Ian Morris on the...
- Munis Stand Fast and Stable as Treasuries Fall. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;7/6/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33544, p2
The article discusses the condition of the municipal market in the U.S. It states that the yields of the municipal market remained unchanged, while its two year yield ended at 0.42 percent for the 16th straight session. The treasury yield ended lower and were unable to help municipals on the...
- NEW JERSEY: East Orange Slips to A2. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/25/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33404, p9
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded East Orange, New Jersey to A2 from A1 and assigned a negative outlook after it experienced three consecutive years of declining fund balances.
- Moody's warns of guarantors' hurdles. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30611, p45
Reports on the challenges that financial guarantors will face in the United States. Contents of a report published by Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Protection received by insurers.
- Moody's: May Corp Default Rate Hit 9.2%. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/8/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p9
The article discusses the report of Moody's Investors Service that the global speculative-grade default rate achieved 9.2% in the U.S. in May 2009. There were 29 rated issuers that defaulted, bringing the year-to-date default count to 141. It is noted that the U.S. speculative-grade default rate...
- Rental-Home Ratings Face Data Hurdle. // American Banker;8/24/2012, Vol. 177 Issue F333, p5
The article mentions ratings firm Moody's Investors Service said it might be difficult for potential issuers of U.S. home rental bonds to get the credit ratings they want because that is related to the quality of property management businesses and net revenues from tenants.