CHALLENGING THE LEGALITY OF SECTION 106 OF THE USA PATRIOT ACT
- Executive Order 13356-- Strengthening the Sharing of Terrorism Information To Protect Americans. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/30/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 35, p1704
The article presents U.S. Administration's Executive Order 13356 "Strengthening the Sharing of Terrorism Information to Protect Americans" issued on August 27, 2004. It states, "By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, and in order...
- Detention and Treatment of "Enemy Belligerents". // International Debates;Jan2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses the Authorization to Use Military Force (AUMF), a legislation passed by the U.S. Congress that granted the U.S. president to authority use all necessary force against those who planned, authorized, committed or aided the terrorist attacks against the U.S. It discusses the...
- Can presidents predict possible dictator moves? // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);2/ 8/2012, Vol. 109 Issue 44, p4A
The author reflects on the U.S. National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which provides an authority for the president to jail any American citizen without trial or due process of any kind on suspicion of being a terrorist.
- The Alien Property Custodian. // New Republic;9/21/21, Vol. 28 Issue 355, p96
Comments on the enactment of the Trading with the Enemy act in the U.S., which provided for the sequestration of the private property of persons resident in Germany, whether Germans or not, and of Germans resident in the U.S. who might by presidential proclamation be declared to be 'enemies.'...
- All the President's Hats. Lambrinos, Pat // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;01/15/2001, Vol. 69 Issue 14, p6
Provides information on the functions of a United States president and the role in the executive and legislative department.
- The President's Powers. // Junior Scholastic;9/29/2008 Supplement, p14
A quiz concerning the works of the U.S. President is presented.
- Remarks to the Armed Forces at Eglin Air Force Base in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;02/11/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p176
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. President George W. Bush, on February 4, 2002, about military policies and prevention of terrorism.
- Remarks at the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;02/11/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p180
Presents the text of a speech delivered by U.S. President George W. Bush, on February 5, 2002, which deals with military policy and prevention of terrorism in the country.
- The New York Times upfront, Vol. 138 No. 10, February 20, 2006. Broder, John M.; Smith, Patricia; Roberts, Sam; Bilyeu, Suzanne; LaFraniere, Sharon; Barboza, David; Volkow, Nora D.; Rebhun, Elliott; Bennet, James; Berger, Joseph; Erlanger, Steven; Hauser, Christine; Myre, Greg; O'Neil, John; Smith, Craig S.; Lichtblau, Eric; Schwartz, John; Johnston, David; Lewis, Neil A.; Shane, Scott // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);2/20/2006, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p1
Presents the February 20, 2006 issue of "The New York Times Upfront." Explanation that the constitutionality of U.S. President George W. Bush's expanded domestic spying after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks is the cover article for this issue; Information on the Ski Dubai, an artificial...