AMERICAN YOUTH IN THE WORKPLACE: LEGAL ABERRATION, FAILED SOCIAL POLICY
- Profile of work injuries incurred by young workers. Windau, Janice; Sygnatur, Eric // Monthly Labor Review;Jun99, Vol. 122 Issue 6, p3
Provides information on work injuries suffered by young workers. Historical summary of youth employment in the United States; Fatal injuries of youth workers from 1992-1997; Nonfatal injuries suffered by youth employees in 1996.
- How safe are young workers? // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Sep2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the significance of safety skills and awareness to avoid injury in young workers in the United States. Risks faced by young workers; Estimation of young workers injured on the job; Total number of workers required emergency room visits.
- Child Labor and Africanist Scholarship: A Critical Overview. Grier, Beverly // African Studies Review;Sep2004, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p1
Though children's labor has been critical to African economies historically, Africanist scholars tend to treat child and adolescent workers as invisible. In this essay, the reasons for this neglect are explored, as are the consequences of such neglect for theory and empirical research....
- Job Guide for Young Workers. Magoon, Thomas M. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Feb61, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p525
The article presents information on the book "Job Guide for Young Workers." This latest edition of the book was prepared with the assistance of the employment security agencies in the U.S. The book opens with a section on general advisement to young job seekers. This is followed by short- and...
- 'Buck passing' harms child workers. Decks, Emma // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p11
Deals with child labor practices in Great Britain. Remarks from Jim McKechnie, senior lecturer in psychology at the University of Paisley; Information on the government's regulation on child labor; Details of a research on the effects of the child's work on his school attendance record.
- Art of noise. Kalisher, Jesse // Brandweek;05/17/99, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p84
Focuses on child labor. Youth as customers; Legal aspects of child labor.
- The Paradox of Child Labor. // Wilson Quarterly;Autumn2000, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p105
Reprints the article `Eliminating Child Labor,' from the April-June issue of `Regional Review.'
- Children at Work. Fanning, Karen // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;05/08/2000, Vol. 68 Issue 25, p4
Discusses the issue regarding child labor from around the world.
- CHILDHOOD DENIED:. // Philosophy & Social Action;Jan-Mar2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p60
A photograph of a three-year-old child in Priyanka working as a laborer in 2005 is presented.