Review: Skin and in vitro tests for allergic rhinitis vary widely in usefulness
- EASE YOUR SNEEZING. Raymond, Joan // Newsweek;4/11/2005, Vol. 145 Issue 15, p80
Offers suggestions on easing seasonal allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, according to Dr. Sandra Gawchik of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. Combination of antihistamine with nasal steroids and decongestants; Use of immunotherapy to decrease sensitivity to certain...
- News in briefâ€¦. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;2/25/2006, Issue 497, p9
Discusses research on the association of montelukast therapy with improved quality of life in patients with perennial allergic rhinitis. Reference to a study by P. Patel et al, published in the December 2005 issue of the "Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology."
- Allergic Rhinitis in the Middle East. Waibel, Kirk H. // Military Medicine;Dec2005, Vol. 170 Issue 12, p1026
Background: Current military operations in the Middle East involve active duty, National Guard, and reserve troops from all services. Despite common misconceptions, the desert environment in this region has significant aeroallergen seasons that may exacerbate allergic rhinitis. Objective: To...
- Allergy Relief. Mehta, Julie // Positive Thinking;Sep/Oct2006, p12
The article offers information on seasonal allergies or hay fever. The condition can cause lethargy, irritability and general misery. The recently released Allergies in America survey, a sampling of 2500 nasal allergy sufferers, reported that four out of five frequently or sometimes felt tired...
- Aaaaa-choooo! // Choice;Nov99, p18
Discusses hay fever and its diagnosis, prevention, and treatment. Definition of an allergy and allergens; Hay fever symptoms; The two main types of hay fever; Finding the cause of one's hay fever, minimizing contact with allergens, and treating the symptoms.
- ALLERGIC RHINITIS - EPIDEMIOLOGY AND ETIOPATHOGENIC SIGNIFICANT ISSUES. COSTESCU, CRISTIAN ILIE; RUS, MARIUS // Acta Medica Transilvanica;mar2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p231
Allergic rhinitis can be caused by several types of allergens such as pollen, mold, dust mites, dust, animal dander and cockroaches. Allergic reactions occur only if people have an "atopy", increased sensitivity or susceptibility to allergens. The causes of atopy and allergic reaction are not...
- Allergic Rhinitis. INGELS, DARIN // Naturopathic Doctor News & Review;Apr2015, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p1
The article offers information on allergic rhinitis and the naturopathic treatments for the chronic disease. Topics discussed include a definition of allergies, allergens including pollens, animal danders and mold, symptoms of allergies and allergic rhinitis, types of allergic reactions...
- Office management of allergic rhinitis. Hakemi, Ahmad // Patient Care;Sep2002, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p26
Provides information on the treatment of allergic rhinitis. Complications and diagnosis of allergic rhinitis; Avoidance of allergens and environmental control; Medical treatment options.
- Ultra-Short-Course Seasonal Allergy Vaccine (PollinexÃ‚Â® Quattro). McCormack, Paul L.; Wagstaff, Antona J. // Drugs;2006, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p931
â–´ This novel ultra-short-course seasonal allergy vaccine, containing glutaraldehyde-modified allergens and the adjuvants 3-deacylated monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) and L-tyrosine, requires a preseasonal course of only four injections to be effective in the treatment of seasonal allergic...