Sildenafil was safe and improved erectile function and quality of life in men with moderately severe congestive heart failure
- Viagra's Good for Your...Heart? // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec2002, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p42
Deals with the benefits of treating erectile dysfunction on the motivation of patients to comply with congestive heart failure treatment.
- Evaluation of Risk Factors for Congestive Heart Failure. // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/7/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p22
Evaluates the risk factors of congestive heart failure. Characteristics of congestive heart failure; Cause of congestive heart failure; Methods to measure blood pressure.
- Pulse Pressure as a Predictor of Congestive Heart Failure. Huffman, Grace Brooke // American Family Physician;8/1/1999, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p618
Focuses on a study that examined the possible relationship between increased pulse pressure and the occurrence of congestive heart failure in elderly persons. Study population; Blood pressures; Factors associated with congestive heart failure; Methodology; Results; Conclusion; Implications.
- Coronary Stent Implantation in Patients with a Single Coronary Artery. Sasao, Hisataka; Hasegawa, Tohru; Endo, Akita; Fujiwara, Tadashi; Kikuchi, Yuka; Oimatsu, Hiroshi; Takada, Takehito // Angiology;Jan2003, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p131
An isolated single coronary artery is a rare congenital anomaly and a cause of cardiac ischemia, congestive heart failure, and sudden cardiac death. Reported here are 3 cases of single coronary artery with acute myocardial infarction in which coronary stenting was performed. Also reported are...
- Heart Failure Secondary to latrogenic Systemic Hypertension in an Infant with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. Geggel, Robert L.; DeLuca, Krystana; Villee, Dorothy B. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jun1984, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p358
Reports on the case of an infant with congenital adrenal hyperplasia and reversible heart failure. Congestive heart failure most likely secondary to systemic hypertension; Possibility of systemic hypertension to be caused by the excessive administration of mineralocorticoids; Importance of the...
- The Role of Arterial Stiffness in Stratifying the Overall Cardiovascular Risk. Castello, Lorenzo; Boutouyrie, Pierre; Laurent, Stéphane; Volpe, Massimo // High Blood Pressure & Cardiovascular Prevention;May2007, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p89
Overall cardiovascular risk seems not to be completely predicted by common risk factors and scores. In recent years, evidence suggested an additional prognostic value for cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease by integrating the measurement of arterial stiffness into traditional risk...
- Sildenafil safely improves QOL in men with moderate heart failure? // Reactions Weekly;5/8/2004, Issue 1000, p5
Discusses research being done on the efficacy of the drug sildenafil in treating erectile dysfunction in men with congestive heart failure. Reference to a study by L. J. Webster et al published in the March 8, 2004 issue of "Archives of Internal Medicine" journal; Drug dosage administered to...
- Limited Hypotensive Effect of Sildenafil in a High-Risk Population: A Preliminary Report. Ciulla, M. M.; Nicolini, P.; Benfenati, C.; Vecchiato, C.; Acquistapace, G.; Perrucci, G. L.; Magrini, F. // Current Drug Safety;Sep2011, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p219
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is often associated with cardiovascular disease (CVD) and the risk of sildenafil- induced orthostatic hypotension (OH) in subjects with CVD is a matter of concern. We describe our experience in using the tilt test (TT) with continuous plethysmography to evaluate the...
- Systolic Blood Pressure, Diastolic Blood Pressure, and Pulse Pressure as Predictors of Risk for Congestive Heart Failure in the Framingham Heart Study. Haider, Agha W.; Larson, Martin G.; Franklin, Stanley S.; Levy, Daniel // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/7/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p10
Background: Although hypertension is a principal precursor of congestive heart failure (CHF), the separate relations of systolic, diastolic, and pulse pressure with risk for heart failure have not been fully elucidated. Objective: To examine the value of blood pressure predictors of heart...