How will the age wave affect your company?
- MANAGING TECHNICAL MANPOWER IN AN EMERGING ECONOMY. Peyton, Gilbert L. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (00360805);Spring69, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p19
Discusses the development and utilization of technical manpower in an emerging economy as of April 1969. Forecast on trends in human resources development in the United States and Canada by 2000; Classical roles of the young female worker; How professional technical work differs from...
- How to Make HR a Profit Center. // Workforce;Feb2001, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p14
Addresses several questions that are related to work force and human resource (HR) departments. Proposal for operating an HR department as a profit-and-loss center on its own; Bickering and complaints of employees; Outlook regarding human resources profession.
- INVESTMENT IN HUMAN CAPITAL - THE COMPARISON OF CZECH REPUBLIC AND GERMANY. Slukov�, Kamila; Navr�tilov�, Miroslava // Human Resources Management & Ergonomics;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p64
Human capital (human potential) is the most valuable commodity that each of us owns. It is necessary to treat this capital very carefully, because the human resources management involves not only some specifics, but especially risks. The author wants in this article to point out to major issues...
- HR in India. Fox, Adrienne // HR Magazine;Sep2006, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p12
This article examines human resources (HR) management in India. Some of the most systemic problems of India are HR-related. The swift rise of India is giving its economic nickname, the elephant, a new spin. While the country is still the largest democracy in the world, it is no longer as slow or...
- Executive briefing. Thompson, Robert W. // HR Magazine;Jan1999, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p10
Presents news briefs related to human resources in the United States. Demand for senior executives in 1998; Corporate share of women at Fortune 500 companies; Information about a survey of universities concerning the preparedness of graduate students for a broad array of careers.
- People issues plague start-ups. // San Diego Business Journal;3/18/96 Small Business Extra, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p4A
Presents human resource issues facing San Diego, California downsized workforce. Improper utilization of talent as key element; Tips offered for problems addressed by Judith Enns, managing director at HR Solutions; Problems experienced by companies expanding their operations.
- HR cut off from `real' work by specialism. // People Management;5/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p14
Examines how the human resources function has become a victim of its own success. Factors which hinder human resources practitioners from playing an influential role in their organizations; How the human resources can be valuable to a business.
- Gray America presents challenge, opportunity. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;5/7/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p26
The author comments on the challenge and opportunities presented by the older generation to employers in the U.S. The Employment Policy Foundation, for one, estimates that the country will be 10 million workers short by 2015 and 35 million workers short by 2030. The author says that while it is...
- Make HR a boardroom issue. // Accountancy;Dec2003, Vol. 132 Issue 1324, p109
The article deals with the report released by the British government on the measures companies should take to maximize workforce, as of December 2003. Mercer Human Resource Consulting has welcomed the publication of a government report entitled 'Accounting for People' on how companies can...