Cook County Forest Board Gives Sale Initial OK
- Chicago Seeks Out Retail. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32179, p1
Reports on the plan of the city of Chicago, Illinois to include in its upcoming new-money and refunding bond sale a tranche of retail-oriented securities that will be marketed to individual investors. Goal of the move to broaden the city's investor base; Structure of securities that will be...
- Munis Firm as Heavy Calendar Draws Bidders. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p2
The article focuses on the status of municipal bonds in the U.S. Bidders are enticed into the market due to new bond issues including the one billion-dollar of Illinois State Toll Highway Authority bonds. According to traders, tax-exempt yields decline by two or three basis points as dealers...
- Travis County, Tex., Readies $95 Million GO Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32080, p44
Reports on the plan of Travis County, Texas to sell general obligation refunding bonds. Amount considered for issuance; Lead manager of the deal; Inclusion of unlimited-tax road bonds in the planned transaction.
- Infrastructure Question. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32080, p37
Reports on the efforts of city officials for voters to approve a general obligation bond issue to pay for several development projects in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Ã‰CONOMIE ET GOUVERNANCE DES SERVICES ESSENTIELS OU SERVICES DE BASE. Martinand, Claude // Revue d'Ã‰conomie FinanciÃ¨re;Dec2006, Vol. 86, p1
Essential services cover useful services as water, cleaning up, waste collection and treatment to improve hygiene. They also include the access to energy, particularly electricity, transports and now telecommunications. Face with UN Millennium Development Goals, financial questions are often put...
- Phoenix Bulks Up on GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/8/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32855, p31
Reports on the endorsement of a multimillion general bond package intended to finance education, parks and police projects by the Phoenix, Arizona City Council. Amount endorsed by the city council; Schedule of voting for the bond proposal's final ballot form.
- Babylon, N.Y., Earns GO Upgrade From Fitch Ahead of $30M Sale. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32242, p3
Reports on the upgrade of the outstanding general obligations bonds of the town of Babylon, New York by Fitch Ratings Inc. Factors contributing to the upgrade of the towns' credit rating; Direct debt levels of the town; Statement of local finance director Victoria Marotta regarding the upgrade.
- Munis Little Changed as Treasuries Post Minor Gains, Providing Stability. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32248, p2
Examines the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Provision of minor gains, stability and buoyancy to investors; Optimism of the participants due to a repricing of the treasury and municipal markets; Impact of the trend toward higher interest rates.
- MEJORAMIENTO DE LAS FINANZAS PÃšBLICAS LOCALES: EL CASO DEL MUNICIPIO DE MEDELLÃN, 2002-2005. González, Mauricio López; Callejas, Ramón Javier Mesa // Cuadernos de AdministraciÃ³n (01203592);2008, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p327
This article analyzes the evolution of the main financial components of the Municipality of Medellin for the period from 2002 to 2005, in order to show the actions that it has undertaken to achieve sound, efficient, well- balanced local public finance management. To do so, the article describes...