Kansas City Set to Come to Market With Complex Financing Deal
- N.Y.C. Marketing $1.1B of Refunding Debt. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/23/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32676, p1
The article reports on the upgrade of bond ratings by New York City with its general obligation sale. It asserted that the city could sell as much as $1.1 billion of refunding bonds depending on market conditions. Moreover, the city launched a retail order, but would not make a decision on the...
- Orange County Authority Plans Toll Refinancing in Wake of Ambac Woes. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/26/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32907, p28
The article reports that the Orange County Transportation Authority in California will push through with its plans to refinance toll revenue bonds it issued in 2003 to acquire toll lanes on the State Route 91 freeway from private owners. Included in the original bond issue were $95.3 million...
- Ambac Stock Downgraded to 'Outperform' by Analyst. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31035, p28
Reports on the rating of the bonds of Ambac Assurance Corp. Financial status of the company.
- Fitch Affirms Bond Insurer Ambac's AAA Rating. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31196, p38
Reports on Fitch's affirmation of Ambac Assurance Corp.'s bond ratings. Financial profile of the company; Range of services provided by Ambac as a full-service guarantor.
- Ambac Pays Claim After Wilkes-Barre Authority Defaults on Debt Payment. Smith, Aaron // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p4
Reports that in the U.S., Ambac Assurance Corp. has paid a multi-million dollar claim to cover the interest payment on taxable guaranteed revenue bonds issued in 1998 by the Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, Redevelopment Authority. Comments of an Ambac executive regarding the rare occurrence of such...
- S&P Warns of Pressure on Five Bond Insurers. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p1
Reports on the uncertainty faced by Ambac Assurance Corp., Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., MBIA Insurance Corp., Financial Security Assurance Inc., and ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. due to the magnitude of their exposure in the Gulf Coast region ravaged by Hurricane Katrina. Susceptibility of...
- Slow insurance negotiations delay Vermont deal. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/22/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30731, p4
Reports on the delay of the bond deal between Fletcher Allen Health Care and Ambac Assurance Corp. in Vermont. Money and refunding deal that will be sold through the Vermont Educational & Health Buildings Financing Agency; Structure of the planned bond issue.
- Illinois toll agency, Ambac part ways over POS wording. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;11/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30513, p1
Announces the decision of the Ambac Assurance Corp. to back out of a $336 million refunding bond issue after the breakdown of talks with the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority over the wording of the official statement's disclosure of pending legislation. Implications for the bond market;...
- Ambac Assurance Seeks Dismissal Of Lawsuit Filed by New Orleans. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;10/3/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32976, p7
The article reports that Ambac Assurance Corp. seeks dismissal of the lawsuit filed by New Orleans in Louisiana which alleges that mismanagement and greed at Ambac cost the city millions of dollars. The city said Ambac's exposure to structured finance products weakened the insurer's status as a...