Sakura opposes SEC bid to use expert testimony in Cochran case
- SEC asks appeals court to reverse judge's sanction in Cochran case. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/15/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30540, p1
Reports that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission has asked a United States appeals court to reverse its sanction in a case against Robert Cochran, Sakura Global Capital Inc. and three other individuals. Direction to the trial court to allow the commission's two experts to...
- Cochran and others to be fined by SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30579, p1
Reports that the US Securities and Exchange Commission is expected to announce its settlement with the defendants in a securities fraud case. Lawsuit filed against Robert Cochran; Settlement with Sakura Global Capital Inc., Steven Strauss and James Pannone; `Comfort' and `closing' letters...
- SEC to consolidate Cochran, related suits into one. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;04/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30368, p4
Discloses the US Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) plan to file an amended lawsuit consolidating fraud charges against Sakura Global Capital Inc., and former Stifel Nicolaus & Co. and Sakura officials. Filing of the complaint with a federal court in Oklahoma; Separate suits concerning...
- Cochran: SEC appeal is unsupported. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/05/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30740, p1
No abstract available.
- Cochran Won't Appeal to Supreme Court to Prevent Trial. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30964, p6
Focuses on securities fraud issue filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) against banker Robert Cochran in the United States. Account of the charges filed by SEC; Background of the case; Significance of the case to the municipal securities enforcement program of SEC.
- Robert Cochran to Stand Trial in April Over SEC Charges. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30973, p6
Reports that Oklahoma Federal Judge Wayne E. Alley has set a trial date of April 2001 in the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's securities and fraud case against former state investment banker Robert Cochran. Details of the case; Cochran's denial of the charges against him.
- Court denies SEC appeal for experts. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;01/21/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30562, p1
Reports on a federal appeals court's refusal to reverse a lower court order barring the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's outside experts from testifying in its securities fraud case against former Oklahoma investment banker Robert Cochran, Sakura Global Capital Inc., and three...
- Lawyer: Cochran, SEC may settle. Hume, Lynn; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p6
Reports on the possibility that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission may settle securities fraud charges pending against former Oklahoma investment banker Robert Cochran. US District Court Judge Wayne E. Alley's dismissal of the commission's charges to two transactions; Pending...
- SEC weighs appealing dismissal of Cochran charges. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p5
Reports that the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) may appeal the dismissal of charges against former Oklahoma banker Robert Cochran. Deadline for the SEC to appeal the decision; Alleged risk faced by SEC; SEC's charges against Sakura Global Capital Inc. and three individuals;...