'Simpler' reform plan reintroduced for 2000
- Agents Oppose Bank Insurance Sales Language In Gramm Bill. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/17/99, Vol. 103 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the reaction of insurance agents to a certain provision of the financial services reform bill sponsored by United States Senate Banking Committee Chairman Phil Gramm. Details on the provision that has caused the outrage of the insurance industry; Actions being taken by the insurance...
- Gramm, LaFalce Pop Up With New Financial Modernization Proposals. Katz, Michelle // LAN: Life Association News;Mar1999, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the financial-services reform bills of Democrat John LaFalce of the United States House Banking Committee and Senate Banking Chairman Phil Gramm. Criticism on LaFalce's measure; Information on Gramm's staff draft; Reason Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan supports financial...
- Partisanship Imperils Financial Reform. SHAW PETROU, KAREN // American Banker;8/20/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 160, p9
Focuses on the effects of partisanship at the United States Congress on the financial modernization legislation. Republican Senator Phil Gramm's opposition to a bill with a good chance of passing; Gramm's use of the Community Reinvestment Act as a bargaining tool.
- Gramm Bill Free-For-All. BROSTOFF, STEVEN // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/1/99, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the revision of Senate financial services reform bill of United States Banking Committee Chairman Phil Gramm. Problems with the bill; Reaction of insurance agents to the first draft of the bill; Information on the revised bill.
- Gramm digs in against CRA as reform bill fight heats up. Anason, Dean // American Banker;3/23/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 55, p1
Focuses on the strategy used by United States Senator Phil Gramm in the charting of the financial reform bill. Efforts to eliminate the Depression-era laws separating various financial institutions; Predictions on Gramm's moves regarding the financial services bill; Conflict with the Clinton...
- Ambiguities In Gramm Bill Causing Concern. BROSTOFF, STEVEN // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p3
Reveals that ambiguities in an executive summary of the Gramm bill have caused concern in the financial services industry in the United States. Postponement of the expected formal introduction of the financial services modernization bill by Senator Phil Gramm; Calls for functional regulation;...
- Gramm: Privacy Safeguards May Be Essential Concession For Financial Reform Passage . ANASON, DEAN // American Banker;10/5/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 191, p2
Reports on United States Senate Banking Committee Chairman Phil Gramm's speech at the October 1999 conference of the National Association of Federal Credit Unions, concerning the pending financial reform legislation. Gramm's stance on the bill's provisions concerning customer privacy...
- Gramm Holds Off On Fin'l Bill. BROSTOFF, STEVEN // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;02/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p47
Focuses on the postponement of United States Senator Phil Gramm's introduction of a financial services reform bill in February 1999. Provisions on insurance sales; Issue on the Community Reinvestment Act; Provision to be added to the bill.
- Fin'l services reform gets big push from Gramm. BROSTOFF, STEVEN // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/18/99, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the commitment of Representative Phil Gramm's (R-Texas) Senate Banking Committee to pursue financial services reform legislation in 1999. Implication of his opposition to the Community Reinvestment Act on the bill; Reaction on Gramm's statement.