Arkansas' Huckabee considers Garvees
- Arkansas' Huckabee impanels work group to devise highway funding plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30191, p36
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's creation of a special panel tasked to formulate a funding plan for the state's highways. Possible use of bonds as a financing option; Panel's plans to hold hearings to solicit financing ideas; Existing sources of funding for the state's highways.
- Arkansas Governor signs transportation bills. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30612, p3
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's signing of legislative bills that will serve as the basis for the state's transportation program. Arkansas Highway Commission's issuance of Garvee bonds.
- Bonds may be an option for Arkansas road improvement. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/21/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30256, p24
Reports that Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee has appointed the Citizens Council on Highways and Transportation to solve the state's highway problems. Conditions of the highways in Arkansas; Maintenance concerns; Possible use of a combination of tax increases and bonds to finance the...
- Garvees Forever? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p35
Announces the intention of Governor Mike Huckabee to officially set a special election on whether the state will issue bonds for colleges and interstate highways in Arkansas.
- Colorado, Arkansas Governors Push Transportation Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p5
Reports on the state of the state address of Governors Mike Huckabee and Bill Owens requesting for massive debt issuance to fund transportation needs in the U.S. Request of the General Assembly to consider approving revenue bonds issuance for non-Interstate road improvements; Continuation of...
- Truckers 'Flip-Flop' Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p35
Reports on the criticism by Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee against the Arkansas Trucking Association's stance on a measure that seeks to extend the lifetime of a grant anticipation revenue vehicle program. Allocation of the debt; Request by the state for voters to approve a plan to continue...
- Arkansas Lawmakers: Rosy Budget Forecast Could Jeopardize Finances. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31025, p32
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's revenue predictions for the state. Reactions to revenue estimates; Financial forecast of the administration.
- Arkansas Governor Says No to Dipping Into Tobacco Fund. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p3
Reports on the demand for restoration of the state's share of the national tobacco settlement by Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Reason for opposition by the governor against the move; Effect of budget cuts in the state on medical aid programs; Amount of the state's debt to local jails.
- SOUTH CAROLINA: In South Carolina church, anti-same-sex marriage Huckabee eschews politics, preaches about getting to heaven. // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/17/2008, Issue 1047, p23
The article reports on the sermon of Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee who also seeks support from the Christian conservatives in South Carolina.