Serving up a solution
- Countdown to judgement day. // Cabinet Maker;1/14/2005, Issue 5421, p10
The article presents the author's recounts of his last days at Courts. I worked at Courts for approximately six weeks before SB Capital became KPMG's agents and made most of the head office staff redundant. From more or less the moment I arrived there, it was evident that the company was in a...
- time for a turnaround? take comfort, take stock, take action. Remick, Carl // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Fall80, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
Proposes a positive approach that permits managers to channel energy constructively, correcting short-term weakness and moving toward long-term strength. Views on turnaround situation in business; Responsibility of turnaround managers; Purpose of computer-based Management Information System.
- Can you find your future in a failing business? Fishman, Allen // Inside Tucson Business;04/10/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p26
Discusses how executives can find careers in turning troubled businesses around in the United States. Motivations of individuals who take on the task of steering troubled firms towards profitability; Potential for company turnarounds; Career opportunities for innovative executives.
- The board and box canyons. Palmisano, Robert J. // Directors & Boards;Winter2001, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p20
Describes personal experiences as a chief executive officer of a company experiencing financial troubles. Factors that led to the downfall of the company; Steps taken to strengthen the board of directors, to benefit the management and the workforce and for the success of the company; View that...
- Time for More Outsiders in Automotive. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Dec2007, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p3
The author offers insights on the ability of executives outside the automotive industry in managing automobile companies. He believes that even an expert in the automotive industry may lack the ability to turn around a troubled company because the industry is facing multifaceted problems. He...
- 3: Cook 'has potential to be great again',says Green. Davies, Phil // Travel Weekly (UK);8/9/2012, Issue 2129, p5
The article reports that Harriet Green, new chief executive of Thomas Cook, will seek feedback from agents and customers as she is planning a runaround for the group. Green said that she will take a deep dive into operations and meet with employees, customers, suppliers and the wider business...
- Baumgart promotion. // Cabinet Maker;5/30/2003, Issue 5340, p3
Reports on the promotion of Mireille Baumgart as buying director of Courts. Selection of Simon Cooper as retail director; Return of Ged Dempsey as head of Courts.
- DERAILERS FOR EFFECTIVE SUCCESSION OUTCOMES. // Ivey Business Journal;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p5
Lists derailers for effective succession outcomes.
- The succession planning preparedness quiz. Simpson, Wayne A. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/12/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p14
Offers tips on effective succession planning. Questions that will serve as guides in starting an effective succession planning; Steps involved in succession planning; Ways to achieving a smooth and orderly transition of succession planning.