M&S to shrink furniture offer
- Reality of Lifestore. Bradbury, Lynn // Cabinet Maker;3/19/2004, Issue 5380, p18
Delves into Lifestore, furniture store concept of Marks & Spencer Group PLC in Gateshead, England. Identification of people who worked for the store's overall concept; Offer of great style, design and quality at mainstream prices; Types of furniture and home accessories available at the store.
- Pleasing performance for M&S. // Cabinet Maker;10/9/2009, Issue 5658, p7
The article reports on the sales condition of Marks & Spencer Group PLC in terms of home furnishings in Great Britain. It notes that the company depicted an increase in group and total sales in the country during its second quarter trading results. It stresses that in the 13 weeks ending...
- Home sales nose dive at M&S. // Housewares;Jan2005, Issue 187, p54
Reports on the decreased sales for home furnishings at Marks & Spencer Group PLC. Percentage of decline in such sales; Contribution of products not in line with customer needs to the recent performance of the store group; Need of the company to refocus on basic products of the kitchenware and...
- M&S unveils homecare plan to regain lost customers. // Marketing Week;2/8/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 53, p6
Reports on the launching of the houseware product line of Marks and Spencer. Strategy of the company to win back customers; Design of the collection.
- Furniture heads M&S fourth quarter success. // Cabinet Maker;7/14/2006, Issue 5496, p6
The article focuses on the increased fourth quarter sales of Marks & Spencer Group PLC's furniture and home. Home sales outshined food and general merchandise. Stuart Rose, chief executive said that the results were motivating. He said that they are confident to run the business profitably...
- M&S: No Home roll-out. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Nov/Dec97, Issue 137, p6
States that Marks and Spencers (M&S) ruled out the possibility of a national roll-out of M&S Home, its homewares concept. Comment of M&S chairman on the Home store in York, England; Lessons learned by the company; Sales of the company; Financial status of the company.
- MAKRS & SPENCER: M&S home sales down for Q3. // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2012, Issue 5770, p10
The article reports that the home furnishing products of Marks & Spencer PLC have declined by 13.3% in 13 weeks until December 31, 2011 in Great Britain.
- Marks & Spencer sees furniture sales jump 26%. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p1
Reports on a 26% increase in furniture sales at Marks & Spencer on a like for like basis in the six months ended November 2000.
- Double figure gains in furniture sector. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;01/19/2001, Issue 5221, p6
Reports on the gains posted by the furniture industry in Great Britain. Gains by Marks & Spencer PLC on a buying spree by investment fund in the United States; Oversupply in shares prior to a trading update.