Hilco takes on Traesko
- Traesko rolls out brand name across all UK outlets. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;03/19/99, Issue 5130, p2
Reports that furniture retailer Traesko is rolling out its brand name to its Midlands and Southern stores in Great Britain. Danish manufacturer Bodilsen's purchase of the 23 Traesko branches; Emphasis of the repositioning on the company's Scandinavian heritage and eco-friendly policies;...
- HILCO TUNES UP HMV RENT REDUCTIONS. // Estates Gazette;4/13/2013, Issue 1315, p30
The article reports that Hilco, a restructuring specialist, could seek rent reductions of as much as 60 percent on some of the 141 HMV stores it rescued from Deloitte administrators and has started lease agreement renegotiation with camera shop chain Jessops.
- Woolies returns to the Hight Street. // DIY Week;3/6/2009, p2
The article reports on a funding secured by former Woolworths executives to open 50 stores with a similar brand name to the failed retailer. Executives Tony Page, Steve Jebson and Andy Latham are said to be in the process of looking for a name as close to the original retail chain as possible. A...
- Stores stay open as HMV is reprieved. // Computer Shopper;Jul2013, Issue 305, p25
The article informs that Great Britain-based entertainment retailing company HMV Retail Ltd. has been protected from bankruptcy and highlights that it will be managed by retail investment and advisory services Hilco UK Ltd.
- Turning Bad Money into Good. Kelly, Kevin // Checkout;Jan2011, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses the efforts of Hilco UK Ltd., a restructuring company, to move forward its retailing business despite economic crisis. According to Paul McGowan, chief executive and stockholder of the company, a deep understanding of the retail business has assisted the company to secure...
- Hilco pokes head above parapet to take part in Allders profit glut. Power, Helen // Lawyer;3/28/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p9
The article reports that the collapse of Allders PLC in January 2005 has put the spotlight on little-known restructuring retail specialist Hilco Co. The Great Britain division Hilco is part of a consortium of investors that bought up Lehman Brothers' debt in Allders. Further details of the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Music Week;5/31/2013, Issue 22, p4
The article offers news briefs related to British entertainment retailing industry as of May 31, 2013 including the relaunch of HMV Retail Ltd. brand by Hilco UK Ltd., the resignation of Gennaro Castaldo as public relations (PR) chief at HMV and the fundraising of radio streaming platform TuneIn.
- THE MAGIC NUMBERS. // Music Week;4/12/2013, p9
Statistics are presented related to music industry in Great Britain as of April 12, 2013 including HMV stores bought by Hilco UK, jobs saved by Hilco when head office and distribution function of HMV Group transferred to the new Hilco ownership, and outlets of HMV closed since January.
- HMV Group Continues to Scale Down. CODY, TAMIKA // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/27/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p14
This article reports on the acquisition of HMV Canada by Hilco UK in 2011. Hilco purchased the retail music chain for approximately 3.2 million U.S. dollars from HMV Group PLC. Hilco will provide working capital of up to 25 million Canadian dollars to HVM Canada to help the company with its...