Shareholders sell DFS stakes
- Lord Kirkham plays the waiting game for DFS. // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p5
Reports on the plans of Lord Kirkham in the event that his revised takeover bid for DFS is rejected.
- DFS Group said to be reviving its interest in a bid for Barneys. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/15/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 53, p1
Reports that DFS Group, a division of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, has renewed interest in a bid for Barneys New York company. Information on the creditor-assisted reorganization of Barneys; Reasons for LVMH to contemplate on buying Barneys in the summer of 1996; Opportunities for Dickson...
- Mergers & Acquisitions. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 22 Issue 129, p28
Discusses the importance of swiftness of action on the part of companies undertaking a merger or acquisition for the success of post-merger acquisition and the realization of maximum shareholder value. Identification of clear strategy and outcomes; Strategic approach to business processes and...
- Q&A for M&.A: Value implications of corporate consolidations in European retailing. Dragun, Dmitry // European Retail Digest;Jun2002, Issue 34, p51
Deals with the significance of consolidation activities to the interests of shareholders in Europe. Value created by mergers and acquisitions; Shareholder value performance of European retail consolidations; Deficiencies of corporate consolidations with regard to shareholder value and financial...
- Rolling back staggered boards. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the elimination of staggered boards by companies. Replacement with systems of annual elections of directors; Disassembly of shareholder protection; Corporate takeovers; Defense initiatives.
- Blunting initiatives by shareholders. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p14
Discusses the takeover defense trend of the 1990s centered on blunting shareholders' initiatives. `Corporate Takeover Defenses 1993; Study by the Investor Responsibility Research Center; Limits on rights of shareholders to call for special meetings; Factors key to the popularity of defense...
- Shareholders Continue To Keep the Heat on Companies. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/20/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p3
Reviews the status of shareholder activism with regard to merger and acquisitions in the U.S. as of 2002.
- Directors who shy away from acquisitions may cost shareholders dearly in lost opportunities. Turney, Thomas W. // NACD Directorship;Dec2000, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p4
Discusses the motivations for making strategic acquisitions and cites examples in which they were employed to increase shareholder value. Way for a company to be successful in commercial markets; Example of how acquiring a technology for existing markets can be done.
- Making a Community Investment Can Save a Merger. McCracken, Peter James; Turnbull, Peri Lynn // San Diego Business Journal;12/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p14
Reports developments on acquisition and mergers as of December 2002. Importance of corporate citizenship to customers, employees, regulators, and shareholders; Advantage of making a community investment; Maximization of profits.