Marshall to switch DP to the franchise route
- Credit card setback. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p5
The article focuses on the failure of John Marshall, former chairman of DP Furniture Express, to secure a deal for a credit card provider. It is a great setback for Marshall. He wanted to reconstruct a furniture chain following the administration of DP Furniture Express. He expected to establish...
- Gateshead store dares to be different. // Cabinet Maker;9/2/2005, Issue 5454, p5
Reports on the new opening of a distribution center for DP Furniture Express in Gateshead, England. Features of the new store; Statement of company chairman John Marshall on the significance of the new establishment for DP's centrally-owned shops; Coverage of the Gateshead distribution center.
- 'I refuse to be a victim'. Marshall, John // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p8
The article presents the views of John Marshall, founder of DP Furniture Express, on the company's problems and the latest developments regarding management buyouts. He the company from a used furniture store into Great Britain's 10th biggest furniture retailer. The company had to go into...
- Founder back in control at DP Furniture Express. // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2004, Issue 5386, p3
Reports on the reappointment of John Marshall as the chief executive officer of DP Furniture Express. Responsibilities of Marshall in his new position; Expectations of Marshall in leading the team of directors in all operational aspects of the business; Plans of Marshall for the company.
- Furniture Express answer back. Hood, John; McQueen, Colin; Duncan, Paul; Jackson, Mark // Cabinet Maker;12/16/2005, Issue 5469, p8
The article provides some insights into the business losses experienced by DP Furniture Express in Great Britain citing the responses to criticisms made by Chairman John Marshall. Marshall exerted all his efforts to initiate a turnaround strategy for the company citing the appointment of...
- Grabbing a piece of the action. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;12/17/2004, Issue 5419, p9
The article presents discussion on new developments in home furnishing industry. Five of biggest franchisees of DP Furniture Express, a furniture company, have opted to go it alone. Company's chief executive officer John Marshall's plans, made public in September 2004, to franchise 90% of his...
- Franchisees seek help. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2005, Issue 5462, p3
Reports that the franchisees of DP Furniture Express are seeking legal advice for the proposed management buyout led by commercial director John Hood and Colin McQueen, Swansea franchisee in Great Britain. Dependence of the franchise business to the managed stores business; Examination of the...
- Decision time for franchisees. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2005, Issue 5462, p9
Discusses the attempted management by objectives of DP Furniture Express. Aim of franchisees to gain control of the their businesses; Effort of the company to provide marketing budgets for franchisees; Amount paid to the head office for products purchased centrally.
- DP franchisees set to debrand. // Cabinet Maker;2/9/2007, Issue 5524, p3
The article reports on the plan of DP Furniture Express (FX) franchisees to take over of their contracts after franchisor Cobco 808 rejected their offer. It states that Durham Pine FX signage and anything else associated with the firm will be removed by the end of February 2007. According to...