Protecting content in the digital era
- Horses for courses. Armitage, Joss // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul/Aug2002, Issue 328, p14
Reports the struggle of the television cable industry. Decision to incur the expense of increasing bandwidth; Market factors of cable operators; Management of triple-play networks.
- Cable slowly starts to fill voice void. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;7/8/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p24
Reports the business status of the telecommunication service providers. Plan of cable companies on the problem of telecommunication companies; Cost of investing in carrier-grade voice; Effect of the issue in the business market.
- Stringing the last mile. Tamanna // Telecom Asia;Mar2001, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p11
Reports the competition of installing cables to provide Net access into households in India. List of the top five players in the market; Number of subscribers to cable services; Idea of unleashing bandwidth.
- New Landscape for a New Millennium. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/19/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p54
The article discusses the innovations in the services offered by several cable operators in the U.S. According to the National Cable and Telecommunications Association, from a standing start of 500,000 customers at the end of 1998, the collective count of cable-modem subscribers is now around...
- Home Area Networks a rising star in cable's future. Kuhl, Craig // CED;Feb2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p42
Cites the areas of growth for Home Area Networks (HAN) discussed during the January 2000 Conference on Emerging Technologies. Potential of HAN to become a revenue source for the cable industry; Areas were work will still have to be done include standards, construction issues, wiring and...
- 20 Years On, a New Climate. Esser, Pat // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p107
The author reflects on the advancement of the cable industry in 2007 in the U.S. He asserted that for the past 20 years, the industry has grown and has changed due to advanced networks such as video, telephone and broadband Internet services. As stated, there are more than 32 million...
- Across America: Local America. // American City & County;Nov94, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p28
Reports on the installation of fiber optic cable to link satellite buildings in Warren, Michigan after Mayor Ronald Bonkowski negotiated with Comcast Cablevision. Capability of the fiber optic capable; Accessibility to the city's computer mapping system; Estimated savings due to use of the cables.
- Cable still seeking a voice market. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Oct2000, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p34
Reports that more cable operators are planning to get into the voice telephony services market in Asia. Lackluster demand for cable-based voice services in the region; Predicted growth of cable telephony revenues; Economic and regulatory barriers to cable telephony.
- CANUCK CABLERS SHUTTER TRADE ORG. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;2/14/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 32, p14
The article reports that the Canadian Cable Telecommunications Association is debanding its operation in Montreal, Quebec. According to Dean MacDonald, chairman, the Association's operations are still committed to working together on regulatory initiatives to offer more choices to television...