VolP's star rising once again
- Ringing in the change. Bratby, Robert // Lawyer;11/29/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p24
Discusses the approaches of regulators in major countries in dealing with the issues raised by the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephony. Impetus to the rapid take-up of VoIP; Conditions imposed on VoIP operators in Great Britain; Interconnection charges payable by European providers.
- IP communications save big bucks and time. // Caribbean Business;4/6/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p33
The article cites key survey findings indicating significant cost savings from the use of Internet Protocol communication (IPC) systems. The research also projected that 50% of all telephony traffic minutes worldwide will be through IPC systems by 2006. The increasing presence and usage of IPC...
- Fewer statistics, cheaper calls. Elliott, Richard // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep2004, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p44
Discusses the impact of voice over Internet protocol (VOIP) on the telecommunications industry. Definition of VOIP calls; Biggest pricing benefit to international voice call consumers; Improved VOIP quality due to developments in switching technology.
- The Final Barrier for VoIP. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;5/31/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p50
Reports on debates concerning the voice over Internet protocol (VoIP). Social obligations required of VoIP providers; Debate on who should write VoIP rules; Role of VoIP in unbunled network.
- Service Interworking: United We Stand. O'Keefe, Sue // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p21
Focuses on service interworking technology. Convergence of telephone and voice over Internet protocol technology and services; Tunneling of protocols.
- VoIP comes calling. Fitzgerald, Michael // Inc.;Jun2006, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p52
The article features several voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) services. In Zfone, VoIP calls are routed over the Internet which means they can be hacked just like E-mails. But the software encrypts and secures VoIP communications. The BroadSoft system can ring up to 10 numbers simultaneously...
- VoIP row escalates after OFTA's 'green light' speech. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Oct2004, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the escalation of the controversy over internet telephony-based services in Hong Kong. Conditions to market the telecommunication system in the region; Plans of the Office of the Telecommunications Authority to regulate the system's services; Complaints over internet telephony...
- The Continuing Road toward Internet Media. Bradner, Scott; Metz, Chris // IEEE Internet Computing;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p19
This article discusses matters related to Internet telephony. Internet and Internet protocol telephony is rapidly capturing mindshare across the telecommunications world. Every major U.S. telephone company and many cable television companies are already offering services, or at least...
- INTERNET PHONING Lower cost, more capability. // Consumer Reports;Jan2006, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p29
The article focuses on Internet phoning. The author reviews how consumers tired of paying big bills for traditional landline telephone service are increasingly turning to the Internet for financial relief. The potential savings that can result from using Voice over Internet Protocol, often...