Credit where it's due
- Accounts to close. // Cabinet Maker;06/25/99, Issue 5143, p2
Discloses consumer credit provider First National Tricity Financial's plan to close its accounts with retailers with less than 200,000 pounds worth of annual credit sales by August 1999.
- Short-Lived Credit Tightening Foreseen as New Year Begins. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/2/2001, Vol. 180 Issue 123, p2
Presents forecasts on the retail trade in the U.S. for the year 2001. Rise of consumer debt; Increase in personal bankruptcies; Estimation on the duration of dismal retail period.
- Retailers stick with credit offers. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;8/11/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p32
Reports on the credit-tied promotions offered by furniture retailers in the U.S. Provision of discounts; Use of extended financing; Comments on the advantage of credit-tied promotions.
- Store card spending falls. // Credit Management;Mar1999, p14
Focuses on the Finance & Leasing Association's report on total spendings on store cards in Great Britain in November 1998. Credit card usage during the same period; Factors behind the trend; Growth seen in consumer borrowing in the past two years.
- An Initial Analysis of the Impact of Revised Regulation B on Retailer and Bank Creditors. Geltzer, Robert L.; Feldman, Alan R. // Business Lawyer;Nov77, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p115
Analyzes the impact of Revised Regulation B on retailer and bank creditors. Prohibition of discriminating acts; Concept of 'a completed application for credit'; Specificity of the statement of reasons for 'adverse action'.
- A few breezes, but we're not out of the doldrums. Gummer, John // Estates Gazette;9/4/2004, Issue 436, p65
Discusses the problems in the office and retail sectors in Great Britain. Implications of the decrease in consumer credit in July 2004; Factors blamed for the decrease; Projected percentage of retailers reporting improvement by economists.
- In credit. // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p8
Looks at changes in credit application process and its significance to the retail furniture industry. Chartered trust's linking of its ME 2U credit processing system into the Internet; Findings of a study commissioned by First National Tricity Finance which showed that customers using retail...
- TRICKS & TIPS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/28/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p19
The article offers tips and news related to business as of November 2005. Rising energy and consumer debt levels across the U.S. could affect the holiday retail season according to the Western Blue Chip Economic Forecast. According to a survey from Robert Half Management Resources, 89 percent of...
- RETAIL/COMMERCE: briefs. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;12/27/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 51, p37
The article offers news briefs on retail businesses in Puerto Rico. The hip art gallery Biaggi & Faure (B&F) partnered with Citi Financial Services to deliver the market's first credit card-line product to acquire their art works. Governor Acevedo Vila signed a bill into law to strengthen...