Wind of change
- Ikea finds a home in Brooklyn. Racine, Theresa // New York Amsterdam News;10/31/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the launch of a store of furniture manufacturing company Ikea AB in New York City, New York. Estimated number of jobs created by the store; Proposal of the company to solve traffic problems due to its store's location; Plans of the company to expand its store.
- Green light for Ikea in Glasgow. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2000, Issue 5214, p2
Reports on the Scotland government's approval of Ikea's proposal to open a furniture store in Glasgow.
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2003, Issue 5343, p31
Presents news briefs of interest to furniture retailers as of June 20, 2003. Environmental protection campaign of Ikea's Canadian staff; British councilors' demand for outgoing mayors to pay the full price of their office furniture.
- Yes and no to planning. // Cabinet Maker;7/30/2004, Issue 5399, p5
Reports on the decision of Ikea not to open another store in Sheffield, England.
- Beijing takes picnic to Ikea. // Cabinet Maker;02/26/99, Issue 5127, p45
Reports on the opening of Swiss company Ikea's furniture store in Beijing, China. Problems encountered by the store.
- Ikea plans Twin Cities unit for summer '04. // Furniture/Today;3/24/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p118
Reports plans of furniture retailer Ikea AB to open a store in Minneapolis, Minnesota. List of other cities proposed for openings in 2004; Phases of the mall development; Pending city approval.
- Ikea. Schwarzbaum, Lisa // Entertainment Weekly;6/25/93 - 7/8/93, Issue 176/177, p66
Focuses on Ikea, a Swedish-based chain of stores. Specialties in designs; Celebrity clients.
- Ikea avoids free fall in furniture sector. Baird, Roger // Marketing Week;10/15/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p21
Discusses the efforts of Ikea, a Swedish furniture chain, to maintain its appeal in the furniture market in Britain. Accusations against the furniture chain; Advertising agency appointed by the company; Effects of the slowdown in consumer spending on the furniture industry.
- Foreign Firms Still Fight Shy. // Global Finance;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p26
Reports on the success of the IKEA furniture store in Moscow, Russia. Estimated number of customers visiting the store; Average amount spent by customers in the store.