It's never too late for revaluation
- What's it worth? Stinson, Sonya // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/03/99, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p29
Presents advice on business valuation. Definition of valuation; Use of valuation techniques such as income-oriented approach and fair market valuation; Use of comparable transaction databases; Uses of business valuation; Procedures in valuing a business.
- How business enterprise value applies in nearly all appraisals. Owens, Robert W. // Appraisal Journal;Apr98, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p117
Highlights various business enterprise value (BEV) issues that appraisers need to address. Concept of BEV as a component of total business value; Relationship between BEV and property type; Effects on ad valorem taxes; Suggestions for resolving inconsistencies in applying BEV.
- BUSINESS VALUATION. Dasilva, Willard N. // Family Advocate;Winter2003, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p3
Introduces a series of articles about business valuation.
- `Value' of business has many different meanings. Mitchell // San Diego Business Journal;10/25/99, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p24
Discusses the various aspects of putting a value on a business. Frequently used standards of value; Characteristics of a business enterprise which are critical to the creation of value.
- High-street report calls for shake-up. Degun, Gurjit // Morning Advertiser;9/12/2013, Issue 117, p68
The article offers information on the reintroduction of the 2015 business rates revaluation to realign property values and freeze business rates from 2014 as called by the high-street of Great Britain.
- Valuable lessons. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the use of corporate valuation methods in examining the status of telecommunication companies. Retrenchment of employees; Effect of dotcom on the industry; Impact of the collapse of Enron Corp. on the market.
- Choosing the right valuation expert. Shanoff, Barry S. // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p12
Presents tips for the selection of business valuation specialists in the United States. Willingness to serve as expert witnesses; Questions lawyers ask beyond credentials when interviewing valuation specialists; Cross examination of one's expert by opposing counsel.
- Reality check. Dorner, Rudoph; Brownlow, Barry // CA Magazine;Aug95, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p54
Explains how real market data can be helpful than theoretical models in valuing a business. Standard business valuations; Cash flow, annual sales and book value as criteria; Market-based method of pricing; Four steps in valuation procedure.
- Taking a WACC at private companies. Painter, Marvin J. // CA Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 128 Issue 8, p35
Discusses how a weighted average cost of capital can be used for valuing privately held businesses. Applications of an earnings multiplier; Weighted average cost of capital as the appropriate discount rate to use in valuing total assets; Common error valuators.